• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best "Pure Bard" template?

• Thread starter imported_Chad Sexington
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Chad Sexington

I've always wanted to make a bard or a tamer. I finally made my tamer last year. Now it's time for the bard.

What do you consider to be the best Pure Bard template that includes:

120 Music
120 Provoke
120 Peace
120 Discord

(With a 720 total.)

I've given up on trying to make a pvm luck suit. Skill bonus items are free to play with. What do you have? What would you make?

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've always stuck with my bard as i suppose semi-pure ...

120 music
120 peace
120 provo

120 mage
115 med (soon to be 120 hopefully)
115 eval (soon to be 120 hopefully)

he can handle anythign out there, if a bit slower than with disco help ...

but i am currently working a disco bard .. i plan on:

120 music
120 peace
120 provo
120 disco

100 magery
100 eval
40 med (or remaining points, with MR to make up)

hopefully i can make up points for the musics with rings and the such (ie: I have a 14 music 15 peace 18 lrc ring) to make room for the others to be higher ... i beleive the mark or trav has a music peace combo too (?), plus there's those arms or legs or something ... but you have to be elf ... and i can't go that road :p

but i'm the type that likes his magery extra kick, and can't give it up ;-)

I

imported_Farsight

The pure bard template has bard, magery and meditation, with EV's to take out the last of the group of monsters.

I prefer the less pure bards as well, adding EI in place of peace and resisting spells in place of disco. I so dislike being constantly poisoned or paralyzed.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

I so dislike being constantly poisoned or paralyzed

[/ QUOTE ]

cure pots and what the heck are you fighting?
ive being playing a pure bard for near 10 years and cant remember the last time i was para'd

L

Luvan

Poo whats ur take on helping skills?
I was planning on magery, med, and eval...
But if ev's arent affected by eval. Then what about weaving in place of it?

or do u use some other magical skills with barding?

and has anybody tried fire horns recently?
im loving them more and more...
No mana used. And its like a mass fs spell, damage based on total barding points. I can run into a group of nasties and hit them all for 35-50 damage. And my bard skills are not near maxed.
Then i have full mana to drop ev's or hide and do it again.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hmmm, i hadnt used a fire horn in a LONG time.
ill have to go try one with my 120x4 bard !!!!!

as for the helper skills.

depends on the shard.

most guys i just run the magic and med and just rely on EVs and mind blast.

i did make one guy that uses spellweaving and that work pretty good too.

but my main bard is old school.
magic and ei only.
100 LRC suit, 40 LMC, 2/6 and +14 mana regen and +24 SDI

but since the change in mana regen its getting harder to regen decent.
i met a fella who did something different.

he ran the 4x120 bard.
then he has like 3/9 casting and 40 LMC and runs with chiv and spellweaving and some in med.
then he can spam cast heal on himself and also holy light.
then he has all the spellweaving to use as well.
so gift of renewal and life and WoD and the such.

really, for what it matters you could use necro if ya wanted.
have a wisp for mana regen.
wither or pain strike and strange and all those fun spells.

its whatever you are comfortable using.

G

I run a 4x120 bard with 120 mage/spellweave with a 100% LRC/40% LMC/13 or 16 MR suit. That's for normal hunting, and I run with a level six arcane focus.

For a luck suit, I'd switch weaving up for meditation. I'm a great key gatherer and good help to finish peerless and disco them as well.

Used to be my favorite character as I've played a bard for years, now I'm leaning heavily on my wammy and sampire guys.

I do have a trick that will help you in dangerous areas. Set a macro on UO Interface to cast invis, and one to target self, my case is F6 (invis) and space bar (target self). UOAssist has my mousewheeldown set to provoke.

I pull up the bars of the baddies I plan to voke, and hit my invis macro, then roll my mousewheel to pull up provoke cursor and target both, once the second target is tagged pass or fail the voke attempt, the invis cursor pops up within a second and I hit my target self. So if I fail the attempt, I go invis almost immediately, it takes some timing, but I never provoke without it, that's how I disco'd and provoked the twin balrons in a picture I have floating around somewhere on this or the adventurer forum.