• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best provoke gains?

M

MrMiagi

Is there any difference in the gain rate for provoke if you either provoke the same two monsters against each other over and over or if you provoke 10 different monsters against each other in random sequences?

M

MrMiagi

Since about 108 provoke i've been getting less than 0.1 per hour and that's provoking a cu sidhe onto a greater dragon, I calculated I have around a 40% success chance and that seems about right and I succeed about half the time. Since hitting 110 provoke i'm lucky to even get 0.1 in a whole hour of provoking.

According to a post by poo it took him 60 hours to get from 100 to 120, well I've already spent 20 hours going from 100 to 110, so if I don't get another 10 skill in 40 hours then i'm doing something wrong, at the rate i'm gaining skill it's going to take another 100+ hours to get from 110 to 120.

I'm using a non exceptional instrument provoking a cu sidhe onto a greater dragon, the barding difficulty of each creature is 100 and 128.

M

MrMiagi

I went 2 hours with no gains after hitting 110, so I got a new cu sidhe and immediately received a gain. Do you get more skillgain if you provoke several different things? I thought you could just provoke the same two things over and over and gains would not be effected.