• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Item BEST PRICED RARES ON ATL AS OF 5PM EASTERN 10/16 GET EM WHILE THEY HOTTTT =)

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LITERALLY PRICE SLASHED TO THE CHEAPEST THE SHARD HAS EVER SEEN!

ICQ ME 167796133

TAKE A LOOK! THESE ITEMS WON'T LAST WOWWWWWW !!!!!

ATLANTIC NE CORNER LUNA, GO GO GO !!!!

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
just checked VS and restocked to best prices on ATL, go go go !

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why not just start out with these low prices? its kinda messed up charging someone triple, then killing the value. id rather pay more, than buy something at all that had a risk of being worthless. As it is id be alot more likely to just buy nothing at all.

I never comment on peoples pricing, but since its constantly brought up as "cheapest" for this vendor, most the time these arent even the lowest on vendor search.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
why not just start out with these low prices? its kinda messed up charging someone triple, then killing the value. id rather pay more, than buy something at all that had a risk of being worthless. As it is id be alot more likely to just buy nothing at all.

I never comment on peoples pricing, but since its constantly brought up as "cheapest" for this vendor, most the time these arent even the lowest on vendor search.
Hey thanks for the reply! I checked vendor search before bumping my thread to make sure i was in FACT the cheapest!

enjoy! =)

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What if his prices are the lowest at the time he bumps his thread and then someone else lowers after?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey smoot i take it you're gonna say the same thing to olcher amirite?
yes, that goes for olcher too. as well as yourself. your vendor just goes down by 25m a day. and is another one that is usually cheaper than this advertised "cheapest" vendor.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What if his prices are the lowest at the time he bumps his thread and then someone else lowers after?
the only time i know for absolute sure is when its my own items i guess (which is pretty often) but come to think of it, your vendor is one of them that often has cheaper prices than this advertised "cheapest" vendor. i have no problem with someone advertising low prices, but if its called "cheapest" and its hardly ever the cheapest its kinda false advertising dont you think?

Last edited:

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the only time i know for absolute sure is when its my own items i guess (which is pretty often) but come to think of it, your vendor is one of them that often has cheaper prices than this advertised "cheapest" vendor. i have no problem with someone advertising low prices, but if its called "cheapest" and its hardly ever the cheapest its kinda false advertising dont you think?
Not sure if trolling or....

But lets be realistic here @Smoot When for example a new Xbox comes out its typically $400.00, few months go by when all the hype about the item is down its $349.00, then maybe christmas comes around its $299.00 to be competitive in the market. Same can be applied to any item in this game, they are worth more when they first arrive? Halos were selling for 750m when they came out for example. Most the time its like that for new rares, no ones truely sure how many there are for example so someone would typically pay more up front to make sure they get that item if they really like it, sometimes it goes the other way, the recent "skull of mordra" for example started around 150m for sellers and ended up 300m +

I do my best to hold the value of items but more times then not i find an item i have for 250m on my auction safe for 150m on a vendor because some people dont care about the rares market.

All i can say is i make sure my items are cheapest when advertising them to be the cheapest on the forums to be respectable to the rares collectors, if someone wants to undercut me by 1gp then good for them!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@de LEET ed

yeah i get that, i guess we just we just have different ideas of rares. i dont think youve ever collected UO rares yourself, so probably look at it differently. to the collectors i know, rares arent like an x-box at walmart. more like diamonds. no one wants a cheap diamond, especially if the diamond companies are just going to change the prices.

In the past, if you got multiples of EM items, you knew you would be the last one to sell. it looks like your just trying to beat that which is impossible. only way to do that is give those items away for free. which maybe youd be open to who knows.

In reality, most the serious collectors are gone. for the reason you just said. people like me dont want to buy something that is "cheapest", but rather something that will hold value (or go up in value). Same with anything collectable in real life. an x-box isnt a collectable. a scholar's halo isnt a collectable. thats not why people buy those things. so yes maybe the market has changed to accomadate a different userbase much different from what we've known in rares collecting for decades.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All i can say is i make sure my items are cheapest when advertising them to be the cheapest on the forums to be respectable to the rares collectors, if someone wants to undercut me by 1gp then good for them!
i wasnt talking about 1gp or 1m undercuts. to me thats the same price.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@de LEET ed

yeah i get that, i guess we just we just have different ideas of rares. i dont think youve ever collected UO rares yourself, so probably look at it differently. to the collectors i know, rares arent like an x-box at walmart. more like diamonds. no one wants a cheap diamond, especially if the diamond companies are just going to change the prices.

In the past, if you got multiples of EM items, you knew you would be the last one to sell. it looks like your just trying to beat that which is impossible. only way to do that is give those items away for free. which maybe youd be open to who knows.

In reality, most the serious collectors are gone. for the reason you just said. people like me dont want to buy something that is "cheapest", but rather something that will hold value (or go up in value). Same with anything collectable in real life. (not technology or entertainment like xboxes, those arent collectables) so yes maybe the market has changed to accomadate a different userbase much different from what we've known in rares collecting for decades.
Respectively my wife wanted a $10,000 diamond ring that i waited and waited and got on sale months later for close to $6,000 , i see the point u are trying to make but i feel like in this age there aren't any of those types of rares anymore that people are seeking, at least new ones. Even now collectors are leaving and selling their old, truer rares in bulk to new buyers, the rares these days from all aspects, the new arc, em drops, em-sashes that were made into clothes, seem to cater to a different group of buyers who want the item because it looks sweet in their newly customized castle, opposed to owning something because its a 1 of 5 etc etc, i used to collect some rares when i enjoyed that part of the game, even recently i just bought x2 2-story white statues because its something ive always wanted to own (mind you they might just sit in my box and i end up selling them because thats just what i do most the time). I mean we both know if the EM's started making 1 of 1 drops they would still be selling for under 1B, i just dont think you can say theres "true rare collectors" and try to group them in a different category then people who collect the more common, lower priced rares.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
. only way to do that is give those items away for free. which maybe youd be open to who knows.
Also theres alot of people that would vouche for me giving them items for free. Sure they aren't 200m rares, but I try to help out collectors of all shapes and price ranges.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Respectively my wife wanted a $10,000 diamond ring that i waited and waited and got on sale months later for close to $6,000 , i see the point u are trying to make but i feel like in this age there aren't any of those types of rares anymore that people are seeking, at least new ones. Even now collectors are leaving and selling their old, truer rares in bulk to new buyers, the rares these days from all aspects, the new arc, em drops, em-sashes that were made into clothes, seem to cater to a different group of buyers who want the item because it looks sweet in their newly customized castle, opposed to owning something because its a 1 of 5 etc etc, i used to collect some rares when i enjoyed that part of the game, even recently i just bought x2 2-story white statues because its something ive always wanted to own (mind you they might just sit in my box and i end up selling them because thats just what i do most the time). I mean we both know if the EM's started making 1 of 1 drops they would still be selling for under 1B, i just dont think you can say theres "true rare collectors" and try to group them in a different category then people who collect the more common, lower priced rares.
right, but your wifes diamond is worth about 100 bucks if you know how diamond companies work. thats why i used the analogy that something is only "valueable" because of percieved value, for things that have no function with high numbers. just like the current state of EM items.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
right, but your wifes diamond is worth about 100 bucks if you know how diamond companies work. thats why i used the analogy that something is only "valueable" because of percieved value, for things that have no function with high numbers. just like the current state of EM items.
I'll be sure to not tell her that at dinner tonight =P

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Let's not drag people into a "who does wrong" accusations debate please, it never ends well.