• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Best place to farm barbed Leather?

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you do not care about negative karma, there are the serpentine dragon in ilshenar

there is also a spot in ilshenar where a dragon, drake and 2 mongbats spawn

J

Jermosh

White Wyrms, my Script Mage with a Dragon book can kill one with a single explosion/flamstrike combo.

You can also farm a lot at Oaks spawn for the Serps that are attacked there.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you suck at pvm like me, the nightmare spawn south of Umbra is okay for getting barbed, but there is quite a bit of running about involved looking for the respawn.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to Ilsh thru the Valor gate and head west along the mountains. Once you cross the river you will start seeing dragons, greater dragons, wyverns, & drakes.

When a dragon paragon appears, do a Snagglepuss. <g>

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For someone trying to play it relatively safe, the Nightmare in the Ki-rin passage of Ilshenar.

Do note that it's more dangerous to get there (from the potential of getting ganged up on by the elementals in Elemental Canyon), than to farm the mares.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always liked the nightmares in cove level II (fel for double leather). Not a big spawn area, just have to avoid the floor fire spouts is all (and the rare pk I suppose).