• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best pet for champs?

koziar

Visitor
Hello, what do you think guys which pet is best for champs(5 slot, it can be no ridable)? Could you show your skills/stats? I looking for pet with enough aoe dmg for champs and it will be good if he dont die on 4 lvl to fast :)

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the pet is dying it's because it gets surrounded and it is in a death spin changing targets and attacking nothing. Control your pet. When you see the crowd pull the pet off and lead them until they are single file. Then have the pet eat them one at a time.

I have seen players take really crappy pets to spawns and succeed. Your play style and how long you are willing to take determines what works for you.

I have no advice on pet type or build but just control whatever pet you take and help it kill stuff.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is no best pet for Champ spawns. You build a pet for what you are fighting. That will be the best pet for that particular boss. If you are looking for a good general purpose pet to use for everything you can do that. But it won't be the best for whatever you happen to be fighting.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As they said, match pets to bosses resist/abilities. The harder the champ the more specific pet I bring. I've helped friends with piper with 3 and 4 slot pets, just watch their HP. If your solo and on a non dead server, I suggest a rideable (if possible) because if you get raided you can mount and run.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use a FWW+PB Najasaurus for most champs. Highest AoE of any pet, and they're pretty tough. Completely and utterly immune to Poison, so you can always heal them (other than Mortal Strike), basically immune to debuffs/paralyze with 170+ Resist, and fast with 190+ DEX. With Consume Damage running on them, they're basically unkillable for most champ spawns. Only downside is, they're not ridable.
If i'm doing Dragon Turtle Champ in Eodon, i'll swap out my Najasaurus for a RC+AP Frost Mite at Lvl 4 spawn.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
other notable builds would be maybe a goo, fww, mystic cu. goo draws them in, fww smacks big time.
mass sleep helps keep the dog from taking to much damage, as well as having the other 2 aoe spells.

not as much damage, but for the most part, they can wander around and do their thing while you aoe as well

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also have a FWW/PB naj. Pretty decent pet for spawns. Some of what makes certain pets better is your player template. For instance for Piper spawns I have a Necro tamer with a discord protector. For that setup the FWW/RC/Goo fire beetle is awesome. Pretty similar dps on the spawn, but with discord, corpse skin, and RC it drops Pipers fire resist into the teens. My flamestrikes do nearly 400 damage while the bugs base hit (under RC) is 140+.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I use my FWW/PB najasaurus. Great AoE, I also have a FWW/AI/Chiv Triton I use for champs spawns as well but my favorite is the Najasaurus.