• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Best Ore Type To Use?

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

I'm attempting to make a mempo for my Sampire. My specific needs for this mempo are for it to have high fire, cold, and energy, with the emphasis on fire and cold. Which ore type would be best to achieve this end result? Looking at the chart on the main Stratics site, it appears that either agapite or verite would be my best bet, but of course a lot of the info is outdated, so I don't know if what's there is accurate or not.

P

pgcd

Before deciding to use leather (I was gonna imbue and enhance), I spent a while trying to craft a mempo for my sampire as well - in my experience, Agapite is definitely the best bet to get decent resists.

S

Sir Kenga

Info on Stratics for ingot types seem still accurate. I'd advice using verite =)

C

Connor_Graham

Heh.....so I'm still right back where I started....

I'm not looking for "decent" resists, but the best to get fire, cold, and energy to get the highest benefit from the ore type, with the least amount going into physical and poison. If the info on Stratics is still accurate then I guess agapite would give me the best spread between the three.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make the item out of iron with a dc hammer untill you hit one with max fire.. then imbue max cold and energy and whatever else you want and use a +60 hammer to enhance with verite..

might need to make a few but this works.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Agapite gives 7 that's the highest others give 6 or less..

C

Connor_Graham

make the item out of iron with a dc hammer untill you hit one with max fire.. then imbue max cold and energy and whatever else you want and use a +60 hammer to enhance with verite..

might need to make a few but this works.
The point of crafting is to stay away from imbuing. This gorget is for my sampire, which out of all of my characters, gets the most use and thus takes the most abuse. An imbued gorget wouldn't last but a couple of weeks while a crafted one would last forever.

Thanks for that tip Storm. Agapite it is.

N

Nastia Cross

Are you using a runic hammer? All of the armor I've ever made with runics has been with Verite, so I would recommend that. If you are in short supply, then go with Aggy.

C

Connor_Graham

Yes, I'm using Val runics to make the mempos. I'm not really in short supply of any ore type, merely looking for the best one to fit my specific needs. Agapite seems to have a better spread between the 3 resists I'm looking for so it looks like that what I'll be going with.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I craft "throw away suits" these are very cheap to make and I dont poF them i just make sure the starting piece has decent durability and when it gets down i throw it in my unravel bag or repair it if its not to low and grab another! of course this depends on the mods you are trying for..

C

Connor_Graham

I started out with agapite, but found that out of the 8 that I'd made, 7 of them had physical as the highest resist, with fire being one of the lowest. I switched to verite and had much better luck with a spread in the resists I needed. Guess I'll have to chock this first hammer up to a 15 mil learning experience and try again....

N

Nastia Cross

For what ever odd reason, the base resists for a metal (or leather) don't actually apply when you're crafting with runics. I've always received the best results when using one metal down from whatever hammer I'm using (ver with val hammer, aggy with ver hammer, etc) though why this is, I couldn't say.