• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best in slot items

Hello UHall.

I only play a few hours a week these days, and used to mainly PvP. I find grinding loot, gold and items now to be relaxing and its what I enjoy.

My question is, what are the "Best In Slot Items" and where do you farm them?

I cant afford Platinums worth of gold, as all my gold were in check form some 15 years ago and fell with my old castle. So i need to grind for them =)

Any help would be appreciated =)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The treasures events like current one has a few very good items and can be obtained by any build willing to grind turn in points. Start there. After event ends learn about the Roof encounter (keying and completing) and try that with a group if possible. Generally the last few years the best non-random items have come from turn in events so maximize your time getting drops to turn in. A few good items that can be farmed are from Blackthorns dungeon (quickest with a group but can also be soloed). Check out the UO-CAH pages.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hello UHall.

I only play a few hours a week these days, and used to mainly PvP. I find grinding loot, gold and items now to be relaxing and its what I enjoy.

My question is, what are the "Best In Slot Items" and where do you farm them?

I cant afford Platinums worth of gold, as all my gold were in check form some 15 years ago and fell with my old castle. So i need to grind for them =)

Any help would be appreciated =)
What type of build are you looking to start with?

I want to build a legit Sampire suit and maybe something for a Tamer. Im just trying to enjoy the PvE aspect of this game.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something for a Tamer.
A popular taming template that can kill things solo or with a group.
A tight fit:
1698874345879.png

Suit can be made from the most common drops from Scalis, Corgul, Roof, Underwater.
50% spellbook, Cuffs of archmage get you started on your SDI. Many other option for SDI.

In the current event, there is a Chest and Talisman that fits Mages very well.

Best taming forum on the Internet: UO Tamer

Last edited:
I have this template started, I just dont understand spellweaving i guess. Not sure how to effectively use this template. Part of my problem is I am a lone wolf most of the time. No one to help teach or show me the ropes per se.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have this template started, I just dont understand spellweaving i guess. Not sure how to effectively use this template. Part of my problem is I am a lone wolf most of the time. No one to help teach or show me the ropes per se.
What shard?

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
IMO opinion WoD is best part of Spellweaving but to get most use out of it, you would need to circle with others which would be hard for low traffic shards especially if ya play alot of solo... I love my Spellweaver tamer but I've never made another besides ATL for this reason. You could drop the Spellweaving and vet and pick up music and a bard skill or all bard skills and switch 1 ya need via soul stone... heals be little harder via magery so need good cast regen suit.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
You don’t really need best in slot items to make a top tier sampire. There is a point of diminishing returns and you can get there without the artifacts that costs 100m+ (balron bone armor, cameos, Morpheus eppy)

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
this is a route that uses the best value artifacts. can get you to end game state without breaking the bank. things like balron armor, enchantress cameo or feudal grips can be 200+mill for the single piece.

the below combination gets you there without any piece being super expensive

head: blackthrorn helm
waist: ozy obi
feet: boggling hide boots
talisman: soldier medal or duelist edge
cloak: serpent skin quiver
sash: corgul sash
robe: most knowledge person

chest, neck, arms, gloves, legs: (the ideal is to have non-medable gear so you get LMC or stam protection bonuses. medable gear is cheaper but you lose some benefit and cannot apply refinements to those)
four pieces that are: 4 dex, 4 int, 8 stam, 8 mana, 8 lower mana cost
one piece: 5 str, 4 int, 5 hp increase, 8 mana, 8 lower mana cost

ring and bracelet:
each must have 20 HCI and 35% damage increase
15% dci on one of the two
+10% ssi combine

use vesper town bonus to get an additional 5% ssi and that makes 20% ssi

you want 180+ stam and 20% ssi. that will get you max swing speed with a double axe

the weapon sets are double axes and bladed staff. bladed staff for singe target boss staff. double axe for AOE or stuff with lower resits

follow this recipe and you will get to the output in my earlier screenshot. this would be a 90/100 level suit that you can solo champ spawns with and do harder bosses solo. (doom, peerless bosses ect..)

Branden

Journeyman
My tamer template is pretty good
120- music
120- peacemaking
120- provoc
120-discordance
90-taming
90- animal lore
60 - magery
I use imbue jewls with +15 magery +15 taming +15 Animal lore aswell as a +20 magery spell book will bring them to 120 tame, lore & 110 magery

Use a AI chiv Cu with bard song n your good to go

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Word of Death is the most damaging spell of all. It is used when the mob is less than 30%. Kills those high end mobs that regen HP or heal when they are low on HP.

Arcane empowerment, increases SDI.

Thunderstorm an awesome area damager. Kills most first round spawn mobs in bulk in 1 cast.

Gift of renewal great for pets, it adds HP regen.

Gift of Life. I use on myself so I will res after I die so I do not have to run around.

Because it can also do area damage I prefer it over discording 1 thing at a time.

Also, you want to fit your playstyle. Do you want to say all kill and invis?
Do you want to also help your pet kill things?
You can synergize with your pets damage and be a very active tamer. Or stand there and say all kill and just keep your pet alive.

this is a route that uses the best value artifacts. can get you to end game state without breaking the bank. things like balron armor, enchantress cameo or feudal grips can be 200+mill for the single piece.

the below combination gets you there without any piece being super expensive

head: blackthrorn helm
waist: ozy obi
feet: boggling hide boots
talisman: soldier medal or duelist edge
cloak: serpent skin quiver
sash: corgul sash
robe: most knowledge person

chest, neck, arms, gloves, legs: (the ideal is to have non-medable gear so you get LMC or stam protection bonuses. medable gear is cheaper but you lose some benefit and cannot apply refinements to those)
four pieces that are: 4 dex, 4 int, 8 stam, 8 mana, 8 lower mana cost
one piece: 5 str, 4 int, 5 hp increase, 8 mana, 8 lower mana cost

ring and bracelet:
each must have 20 HCI and 35% damage increase
15% dci on one of the two
+10% ssi combine

use vesper town bonus to get an additional 5% ssi and that makes 20% ssi

you want 180+ stam and 20% ssi. that will get you max swing speed with a double axe

the weapon sets are double axes and bladed staff. bladed staff for singe target boss staff. double axe for AOE or stuff with lower resits

follow this recipe and you will get to the output in my earlier screenshot. this would be a 90/100 level suit that you can solo champ spawns with and do harder bosses solo. (doom, peerless bosses ect..)
Thank you for this. Points me in the right direction.

Word of Death is the most damaging spell of all. It is used when the mob is less than 30%. Kills those high end mobs that regen HP or heal when they are low on HP.

Arcane empowerment, increases SDI.

Thunderstorm an awesome area damager. Kills most first round spawn mobs in bulk in 1 cast.

Gift of renewal great for pets, it adds HP regen.

Gift of Life. I use on myself so I will res after I die so I do not have to run around.

Because it can also do area damage I prefer it over discording 1 thing at a time.

Also, you want to fit your playstyle. Do you want to say all kill and invis?
Do you want to also help your pet kill things?
You can synergize with your pets damage and be a very active tamer. Or stand there and say all kill and just keep your pet alive.

Thanks dude, makes more sense. Guess I could have read that huh?! I kinda like fighting WITH my pets vs just standing back and being invised.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks dude, makes more sense. Guess I could have read that huh?! I kinda like fighting WITH my pets vs just standing back and being invised.
Most returning players have a mage or tamer or both.

Add Tamer skills to your mage. A bad ass pet replaces the EV.

Any easy way for a returning player to get comfortable and meet other players. Tamers have more interactions with other players. Heal, Res, Bless.

Then you have some points to play with to see what else you want to add.

Last edited:

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO opinion WoD is best part of Spellweaving but to get most use out of it, you would need to circle with others which would be hard for low traffic shards especially if ya play alot of solo... I love my Spellweaver tamer but I've never made another besides ATL for this reason. You could drop the Spellweaving and vet and pick up music and a bard skill or all bard skills and switch 1 ya need via soul stone... heals be little harder via magery so need good cast regen suit.
I have 4 spellweavers 110-120 skill - 2 on ATL 2 on Legends. They all have Mastery III SW so I can get a 6 Focus with just the two characters anytime. I wouldn't advise a Spellweaver on a low pop shard unless you do make a second account spellweaver as well.

Grugot

Journeyman
You don’t really need best in slot items to make a top tier sampire. There is a point of diminishing returns and you can get there without the artifacts that costs 100m+ (balron bone armor, cameos, Morpheus eppy)
I rather like those artifacts.