• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Best for high luck and LRC

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just cleaned a few bod books and have 2 spined kits and 1 barbed kit.

I wonder, i remember reading here that with a spined kit you have a good chance of making some high luck/lrc pieces, but would there be a bettter chance of using the barbed kit and spined leather?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
About ALL the spined kits are good for are high luck/LRC suits, so start with them, and if you din't get the pieces you want, only then use the Barbed kit.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Spined kits and spined leather to make luck/LRC suits to sell to other players, but if its for your own suit then you probably would be better off using the Barbed kit and spined leather as it has a higher starting intensity and the possibility of more mods.

R

RichDC

Sell the barbed to buy more spined runics to make a better luck lrc suit...just my opinion.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do I recall wrong that ALL kits, whether barbed or lower ones now had a chance to make high end maxed out items ?

Only that the percentage chance of making them changes depending on the kit but all of them can make top items.

Is that so ?

If yes, what are the respective kits percentages at making top end items ?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All can make 100% intensity properties, yes.

However, the most properties a Spined kit item can have is 3; 4 for horned kit, 5 for barbed kit.

The minimum intensity is better, the higher the kit type (up to 50% minimum intensity for Barbed kits).