• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best fix for Ghost cams?

G

When ever there is a problem a fix always brings more issues and ways to work around it. However, if you take away the need for the ghost cam..the problem is gone.

How about ghost cams for all. Ingame mechanics to check candles, or global messsages, or a link to website that automatically reports candles on your shard.

Let everyone have the same level of fairness. Stop cheaters from having the upperhand.

I know some people are going to say, oh but we will be raided now! You are anyway by the handful of guilds with ghost cams. Let the trammies have the info to raid the select few cheater guilds on a regular basis.

edited spelling

I honostly believe posting, bugs, exploits, needed fixes, balance issues is mostly a waste of time. I am just bored at the moment so why not yet another "please fix this" post.

I

imported_Sarphus

Do we really need another thread on this?

As per your post... Do we really need more game mechanics that favor swarming on people?

With your suggestion, swarm guilds could build a character on each shard and then have a person monitor all the spawns on a given shard and easily monitor spawns on all shards. With your suggestion, a single swarm guild could EASILY monopolize spawns on all shards.

Sorry, it's a REAL bad idea. I mean it re-defines what a bad idea is.

Also, I must repeat there is no need for a redundant thread...

G

ah, you must enjoy your ghost cams.

sorry to impose on your monopoly...

I

imported_Goron

I actually think that is a very good idea...
it would promote more pvp, and that is always a good thing in my book.

T

Thalidar1984

I agree, bad idea, on our shard if a guild knew that you were working a spawn.. theyd send atleast 1 person to mess with you, if it was a late night.. and if it was during peek hours they would send 20+ to fight your 5. Truely then this game would be numbers and nothing else.

I

imported_Anakena

<blockquote><hr>

I actually think that is a very good idea...
it would promote more pvp, and that is always a good thing in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't promote anything. It would lower the activity next to zero.

If you have 100% chances to be raided, you are not going to work the spawn if you have no chance to resist to the raid. This would encourage big guilds while smaller ones would not even have a chance to sneak a spawn. The only fights this would promote would be those between giant zerg guilds.

I

imported_lady michelle

Ghost should of never been allowed to sit by an alter for a person to log in and see how many candles a spawn as, so they can raid someone elses spawn. They need to change it where a ghost cannot go near an alter. There's no risk in being a ghost cam, and that is what felucca is all about the risk. Also a ghost cam is a sissy's way of checking spawns is the way I feel about it. If a guild wants to check how many candles are up at a spawn a stealther can be sent in, and hope they dont get caught thats the risk.

G

well, as pointed out, its not all about ghosts....

some guilds use alive stealthers to travel in, count and travel out.

I guess the problem is for some people playing on unpopulated shards they dont get raided.

Atlantic has ghost cams up all the time. Its rare to not be raided any time of day. Although we do sneak one in now and then. I blame it more on the guilds being busy elsewhere than i do them not knowing we are doing a champ.

I

imported_lady michelle

I know it isn't all about ghost cams, but if they are elminated out of the game just might bring more trammel guilds to do the spawns, Seriously what trammel guild wants to do a spawn knowing someone can log on to a ghost check to see how many candles are up to raid them. Tram guilds will risk going there, so raiding guilds also should take the risk of checking candles.

M

MrMiagi

Simple solution, ghosts cannot be within 2-3 screens of the altar, if you die within this zone your ghost is moved to a specified point a few screens away, you can't re-enter this zone as a ghost, you need to ress first.

K

Kratos Aurion

I think it would make more sense if all ghosts weren't allowed to enter the champion level of the dungeon. If you die, you get booted to the entrance of the champion level and should have to wait for someone to resurrect you.

G

No one has commented on my "stealther" info.

You understand what I am saying? You can use stealther characters who are alive to do the same exact thing as a ghost cam.

Its all run by a script. So that was my suggestion of letting everyone know.

If you make changes to ghosts, there are work arounds for scripts to use other means to detect the candles.

I dont know, I'm just tired of the same guild coming every time I hit level 4

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

ah, you must enjoy your ghost cams.

sorry to impose on your monopoly...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't run ghost cams or any form of script cams. I was just pointing out that your "solution" does more harm than good and that there's no point in making another thread on this subject when there's a perfectly good one already near the top of the forum.

nice accusation... baseless AND foolish.

If you actually paid attention you'd see I'm one of the biggest advocates AGAINST script cams.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well at least you didn't say, "Anyone who knows me knows I don't blah blah blah"...I love those.

I

imported_Sarphus

In your baseless accusation, you completely failed to address the point I was making, so I will make it again.

There are already guilds that cam and raid spawns on multiple shards. With your proposal, you would have guilds that cam and raid spawns on ALL shards. It is a fundamental flaw in your idea. A game breaker... I am 99.9% positive that your suggested solution would compound the current problem at least two fold. This just based on my limited exposure to guilds that raid multiple shards using script cams... If you make it easy for people to cam all shards at once, you encourage mutli-shard raiding.

Again, I think the best way to fix camming is to boot timed out characters from spawn zones before ANY spawn-related data has been sent to their client.

I

imported_Sarphus

Well... when you consider the fact that he only had to read ONE post of mine (the one he responded to) to figure out that I'm against spawn cams...

If you respond to a thread accusing someone of something that is disproven by reading the thread you're responding to...

Why would a cammer be against a system that broadcasts the info that you have to run cams to get in the first place? They wouldn't...

S

sean_lo

<blockquote><hr>

No one has commented on my "stealther" info.

You understand what I am saying? You can use stealther characters who are alive to do the same exact thing as a ghost cam.

Its all run by a script. So that was my suggestion of letting everyone know.

If you make changes to ghosts, there are work arounds for scripts to use other means to detect the candles.

I dont know, I'm just tired of the same guild coming every time I hit level 4

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't need a fix for stealthers. You are able to track them down and kill them, then the improved new system can eject them somewhere.

I

imported_revenant2

This would penalize the smaller guilds who cannot necessarily defend against the largest guilds and also cannot raid them succesfully.

I'm not sure it's best to do that.

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

Simple solution, ghosts cannot be within 2-3 screens of the altar, if you die within this zone your ghost is moved to a specified point a few screens away, you can't re-enter this zone as a ghost, you need to ress first.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a bad idea.

G

PERFECT FIX FOR GHOSTCAMS

Allow Exorcism to be used EVERYWHERE, simply make it so that if a person cast exorcism on a screen with a ghost, then that ghost is teleported to the closest healer. Allow it to work for ANY ghost that has been dead longer than 180 seconds.

I

imported_spiderpig

I like your idea- i would just make it so that if there is no body then exorcism will work anywhere. Some big fights can take a bit to get rezzed.

I

imported_lady michelle

Great Idea, but that is not going to stop a ghost from logging in checking the candles. The point should be no one should be able to check candles that way, They need to do it on Characters that are alive not dead. A stealth character would be best to use for that mission. Might get revealed but thats the risk of playing in fel. The alter needs to be a dead zone for ghosts that dont have a corpse right there. I dont get why it was set up in the first place where you can have a ghost log in at the alter to see how many candles, what level the spawns at, and how many are working it. Moving the ghost cams away from the alter will balance the playing field for everyone, oh except for the ghosts that is.