• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best dungeons/monsters for weapons

Ramuh

Visitor
Hi everyone. I just started playing UO again after a 15 year absence. Dungeon spawn seems almost overwhelming now (I'm on Sonoma), so going it alone in dungeons seems rather challenging. I have a fencer with GM stats of most necessary skills, but with weaker weapons (best I've been able to collect are from Trogs at Painted Caves), I've found it hard to advance to more difficult monsters. Where would be a good spot to go from here? All of my weapons/armor are either from my smith or weaker monsters like Trogs. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I also have a GM Mage, so if he can assist in collecting these weapons, let me know. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Well, I've been off an on this year, from what I have seen and read your best bet will be either to craft or buy one off vendor search.

PaulCH

Journeyman
I have a fencer with GM stats of most necessary skills
What was the "necessary" skills 15 years ago is not necessarily optimal now for PvM. So, while you will need to update your weapons / armor, you will also need to update your template (skills) as well as your tactics.

My suggestion is to do a lot of reading on the UO Wiki, UO guide and, of course, Stratics and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
wrong level 1. covetous level 3 if u can catch it when the spawn is on the easier side. also try higher-end old monsters as everything has the new loot now. eventually though you're looking at all-crafted or mostly-crafted suit. raiders at the old brigand camp south of yew. really it's a crap shoot. try the vendor search too (context menu from inside your house or town).