• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best day ever

A

afreespirit

I first logged on at 7:30 am and decided to do some mining. I found a valorite spot in a cave close to my house and decided to mine it for as long as it lasted. Which turned out to be for quite awhile. So while working from home I'd log in once or twice an hour for 5 min and hit that spot. It finally gave out just before 8pm
. My haul for the day was around 500 piles.

But it got even better. I next logged in at 11pm and stepped out to see the whole of the mountain near my house strewn with piles of ore. The whole of the northern side of Reaper valley as well as part of the east and west sides was a miner's dream. I don't know why anyone would leave so much ore on the ground for little old me. Maybe I have secret admirer

Twenty minutes of picking up the pieces and this was the final haul (in piles);
550 iron
26 dull copper
256 shadow iron
46 copper
14 bronze
46 gold
18 agapite
48 verite.
Plus assorted smaller piles I didn't bother to count.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Nice :) I have had that happen to me a few times but not since the mining changes although I was in despise yesterday and saw a pile of gold siting on ground and when i clicked and it it was 36k + gold 36k for 5 min ill take it every time plus while I was there I got 10th anniversary sculpture worth another 300k+ all told i was there maybe 20 min

G

sounds like someone was mapping the range... back when the veins were consistent I would leave ore sometimes if I was more concerned with marking recall runes than gathering since I was always coming back.
Nice find on the valorite... 2 days and I still haven't found a vein yet.

A

afreespirit

<blockquote><hr>

sounds like someone was mapping the range... back when the veins were consistent I would leave ore sometimes if I was more concerned with marking recall runes than gathering since I was always coming back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought it might have been something like that since most of the piles were size 2-8. But there were 2 iron piles that required 2 trips and one pile of shadow that was 112.