• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Best Character To Solo Oceanic Creatures?

R

Rocklin

I have the ability to place fishing on several characters. I am looking for a solid choice to handle ASOS and White Nets spawns. I have a Mage and an Archer that appear to be the front runners. Which characters do you hunt ASOS and nets with?

M

Maximilliean

Currently, no one.
When I wasn't a moron and before I deleted my GM Fisherman I used an Archer with Chivalry.

115 Archery
115 Tactics
110 Resist
105 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Fishing
75 Chivalry

I am currently rebuilding this character or a variation of it with the following:

115 Archery
110 Tactics
110 Resist
110 Bushido
100 Meditation
100 Fishing
75 Chivalry

I choose Meditation over Focus for a couple of reasons. 1) I allready wear leather armor and mage armor is easy to get. 2)I tend to use Divine Fury to refill my stamina allready 3)Med gives more mana back, I can always carry refresh pots for stamina.

The really crappy part is I know I soul stoned all of his skills, but when I returned 90% of my stuff was missing. Knowing my luck there was a server revert right after I finished packing my stuff on my characters. Oh well, half the fun is the journey.

J

Jermosh

My mage makes them quite easy, in fact I can usually kill the Leviathan and go back to kill the krakens left up from the net.

120 Mage*
120 EI*
115 Resist
110 Med*
100 Anatomy
100 Fishing
95 Spellweaving
20 Focus*

I will allure a Arctic ogre lord and let Levithain mana dump on him while keeping him healed. Then I start my mana dump.

V

Vertigo

I've used several to solo Leviathans

Bard

100 Fishing
120 Music
120 Provo
120 Disco
115 Mage
100 Med

Tatic: Throw net - provo spawn onto Lev. Disco Lev. Take out Lev with EV's

Currently use tamer/bard

100 Fishing
120 Music
120 Provo
115 Tame
115 Lore
100 Vet
95 Mage

Tatic: Throw net - all guard me - invis - provo spawn onto Lev.
take out Lev with Greater Drag.

Works like a charm:thumbup:

F

Fumoffu

Jermosh or anyone here,

I usually play solo, so I won't be able to get buddies to help me with creating the arcane circle thing. In that sense, is it worth it to take spellweaving that high...I know dryad allure is useful for the technique that Jermosh uses in dealing with the spawn and lev.

Reason I ask is because I want to create a similar fishing template to what Jermosh has.

L

Lord Drakelord

My fisherman has always been just a plain mage, I normally use summons like fire ele to help me with the battles, sometimes I die, sometimes I make it.