• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Best chance for pre-chest loot?

• Thread starter Alyssa of ATL
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Alyssa of ATL

I don't think many people even care about pre-chest loot anymore, but... :)

I'm trying to figure out the best skill level to maximize the amount of pre-chest loot.
(I need pillows)

Do I have a better chance of getting pre-chest loot at a lower level, because it will take more casting to actually pull up the chest?
Or from experience, would you say I should wait until I hit GM to try to fish up the most pre-chest goodies?

Thanks!!

B

Beddo

I honestly don't think it matters. The only difference you will see with lower level perhaps is that you won't fish anything up and it will just take more tries to get the pre-loot and chest.

I have fished up over 50 SOSs in the last two weeks and it must be random. I was GM fisher the entire time and I would say typically I would get 1-2 items before the chest. Some times I get the chest immediately. There was one time where I must have gotten over a dozen items before the chest came up.

I haven't noticed a difference between levels of chest and pre-chest loot either.

Paintings and portraits do seem much more common now though. I remember them being semi rare. Currently, the rare items would be the nautilus and conch shell, for my anyhow.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would suggest stopping about 30-45 minutes short of the degree of the actual location. I seem to get more pre-loot if I fish from farther out than "right on top" of the chest.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea if it's an old wives' tale or whatever, and there's no way to test the validity of this, but a long time ago someone told me that if you have pre chest loot in your backpack it increases your chances to get the chest. So when I do mibs I fish up prechest loot and put it in a bag in the hold, then fish again, etc. It seemed to work, as far as getting a decent amount of pre-chest loot...