• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best blacksmith template

Capidermus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What is your best blacksmith template? Whether it be a strict blacksmith only (with a fighting skill/magery, etc.) or multi-trade skills. Do you have something mastered that you would not change and are completely happy with?

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My smith is pretty standard variety
120 blacksmith
120 tailoring
120 imbuing
100 carpentry
100 tinkering
100 arms lore
60 magery

I have another mule for the rest of the crafting skills
100 fletching
100 cooking
100 alchemy
100 lumberjacking
100 arms lore
100 tinkering
120 magery

I also have a dedicated miner so that i can garg pick mine
120 mace
120 tactics
100 heal
120 anatomy
100 mining
100 magery
60 tinkering so i can make shovels with a trinket on the fly

I have inscription on a stone that i throw on a mage if i want inscribe junk.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
smith is 125 str 120 int 10 dex. I use the measly 60 magery once bumped up with rings and a +15 magery spellbook to cast evs and such around the house at the annoying reapers and corpsers (i hate the burping sound of them) Of course with gear on him his strength is 150 and mana pushing around 150ish.
The secondary mule is 125 str 10 int and 120 dex. Same for him as far as gear goes. But! 150 str 150 dex with around 70 mana or so and a bit of a stam increase. I use the secondary to chop wood in fel and often times he has to fight spawn, for this i use a mage hatchet with spell channeling and a few mods. I run him with 45 dci and 30 hci. EV's and mind blast which isnt effected by eval are ur friends.
My dedicated miner is a bit of a different story however. stats are 125 str 10 int 125 dex. with gear im 150 str and 150 dex with around 40 mana and 180ish stam(im 1.25 ssi i know that much). 45 dci 45 hci and i carry a full compliment of artis. Ive heard the chivalry vs magery debate on a miner until im just sick of it, but i say magery and for one reason only... Shadow ingots! In order to farm Shadow eles in yomatsu u have to lead away some spawn and this requires the invisibilty spell. The potion can be interrupted but the spell under protect cannot unless ur mana drained. i can go down there and spend a few hours and walk away with 20k in shadow ingots(the main pof ingot) easily. Not that i really do it that much anymore... Magery is the most versatile skill in the game PERIOD! After the initial hit from a valorite ele i will often run off, hit my baid macro and cast gheal ony to run back for the second killing blow only to have my baid kick in to heal me up after its dead. It works! And 1v1 he is difficult to kill if anyone gets the idea to try. LOL he actually has counts from killing other miners... hah

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My favorite smith is

120 Blacksmith
100 Mining (plus gloves when smelting only)
120 Macing
with the rest of the points in
Healing
Anatomy
Tactics
Parrying
Chivalry
(and around 100 points from equipment spread across those 5 skills)

I stone off one of the skills for Arms Lore, as needed.

Besides Smithing, I love mining with garg picks and prospector tools in Ilshenar, looking for paragon ore elemental chests (so far got shadow iron, gold, agapite, verite ele chests, plus DC chests from Terort Skitas)
I also use him to farm gold elementals in Blackthorn's dungeon, and can burn through 2 gold smelting talismans in 2-3 hours doing it.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My smith is pretty standard variety
120 blacksmith
120 tailoring
120 imbuing
100 carpentry
100 tinkering
100 arms lore
60 magery
This is the same as my crafter. I stone on bowcraft / alchy / and other skills when needed.

With items its possible to bump the magery up higher also. I think with items I'm just over GM.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is the same as my crafter. I stone on bowcraft / alchy / and other skills when needed.

With items its possible to bump the magery up higher also. I think with items I'm just over GM.
DJAD... Ya i mention that in a subsequent post. I use items to bump his magery up quite a bit. Its basically the standard multi crafter template of the game and i use it one heck of alot. Curiously enough with reforging suits no longer being an option to make MAD amounts of gold im using the other mule as the bread winner so to speak. OMG people like them dyes..
With two accounts i havent really needed to stone a crafters skills, hence the arms lore on my secondary crafter. Why have arms lore for a solo fletching skill? well i just dont want to have to imbue the DI on bows i make new players. waste of points but bleh.. what could i put there anyways. btw i put begging there during October..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can someone tell me how to get 125 skill in blacksmith?
You can't, naturally. But, the +10, +15, +30 and +60 Ancient Smith Hammers that are BOD rewards do stack for purposes of crafting and enhancing (for up to 180 Blacksmith using a +60 ASH with 120 real skill). But, the real skill is still what's checked for BODs.

I think you're confusing the 125 STRENGTH references up in the earlier posts for Blacksmith skill references.

tammy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You can't, naturally. But, the +10, +15, +30 and +60 Ancient Smith Hammers that are BOD rewards do stack for purposes of crafting and enhancing (for up to 180 Blacksmith using a +60 ASH with 120 real skill). But, the real skill is still what's checked for BODs.

I think you're confusing the 125 STRENGTH references up in the earlier posts for Blacksmith skill references.
i picked up a repair contract say it was from a 125.2 skill . is that from your mentioned above?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Probably: Most likely it was someone at 115.2 real skill, still training to 120, that made it holding a +10 ASH. A lot of the lower ASH hammers became a dime a dozen after the BOD point system came in, and the ability to choose down a reward. You can craft anything at 100% Exceptional with a good talisman and an ASH +30, and ASH+60 is best for enhancing, so the +10s and +15s in existence are pretty much sitting unused, except for repair deeds and minor crafting (especially without the blacksmith tool add-on) because of the large number of charges.

Heck, I was given a departing player's hammer collection before they left the game back in 2014-2015, and I'm still trying to use up the 30 or so ASH +30 he left me.