• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Best artifact gorget for ABC archer?

S

Seismic

I'm thinking Jackal's Collar but I need the mana regen to be as fast as possible - since this isn't mage armor, won't my regen be negatively affected?

If not Jackal's, what other options are better for an ABC archer? (Doom, primarily)..

C

Chaosy

Generally speaking, it's either jackal's collar or crafted armor...

G

GFY

Yes, but it's that good otherwise. Remember if you get a good mana leech weapon mana shouldn't be too much of a problem.

You could always try Voice of the Fallen King. Had a friend that had it but swapped to the Jackal's Collar when he got one.

Here's a few items that can really make an archer or any dexer much more effective;

Jackal's Collar- Great dex bonus for any dexer
Ring of Vile- More Dex + 15 HCI
Hunters Headdress- Still more Dex and +15 HCI. Really only for Archers
Spirit of the Totem- +20 strength and 15 HCI. Good for all dexers.
Mace and Shield Glasses- good resist and HLD.
Stormgrips- Best gloves for any dexer. (IMHO)
Gauntlets of Nobility- Not quite as good as Stormgrips but they still spawn in Doom
Voice of the Fallen King- Strength, HPR, Stamina regen, & medable

S

Sir Kenga

Jackal's Collar will kill 3 MR bonus from meditation joat. But if u are elf, then it's ok.

S

Seismic

Jackal's Collar will kill 3 MR bonus from meditation joat. But if u are elf, then it's ok.
Ah ok .. well I'm human and would like to stay that way due to JOAT, so I guess I'll look into other options :(.

C

Connor_Graham

Your best best is to find a crafted gorget with MR and Mana Inc. Stam Inc is also good if you can find it, but not as necessary for a PvM character.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
personally i think that LMC is better then MR.. heres why.
its always that one last shot that you cant get in to kill something..

your not always able to run and regen mana..
abc archers rely on getting lightning strikes off to get the 50 hci and the 100 DI in perfection.

for armor i would use.
hunters headdress, or spirit of totem headm, or helm of insight if you cant find the others
gorget with 60+ resists and 7 or 8 LMC
Rune Beetle Carapace.. 15 LMC and 10 MANA and 3 MR
sleeves with 60+ resists and 7 or 8 LMC
stormgrips
legs with 60+ resists and 7 or 8 LMC
totem with 20% DI

that should get you going..

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is better to either just try to get 20% LMC or 40% LMC anything in between is kind of a waste because of rounding down.

S

Sir Kenga

It is better to either just try to get 20% LMC or 40% LMC anything in between is kind of a waste because of rounding down.
Only if u talk about LS. All other abilitys take more than 5 mana and thus is more affected by LMC. CW, DF, EoO, Close wounds etc - LMC good for it all.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recommend the Jackal's Collar to anyone that relies on Dexterity/Stamina. Sure it kills off med, but unless you have the med skill, that makes little to no difference (JOAT is only a couple mana every 10 seconds).

For PvM, get a Bow with decent Mana Leech on it, and you'll rarely have a problem with Mana.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jackals like everyone else said. If you're concerned about MP regen as a human then a good crafted gorget. I thought I recalled human having jack of all trades though? Which would be 20 in all skills or something like that. Not real sure since all my characters are elf.

Other than that, a gorget with max stamina 7 or around that, MR 2, mana increase of 6 or so and whatever resists you need.

Is difficult to find a gorget with all that stuff. I have a couple, but that's out of tons of barbed kits having been crafted.

lol...easier just to get the Jackal's and adjust your stats.