• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Benefits of Skill Over GM For MIBs

T

Talula

HI,

I'm adding fishing to my treasure hunter to swap in and out with mining, but with my current template I only have room for GM. Is there any advantage to having skill greater then GM when fishing up serpants and MIBs? That's all that I want to do with the skill... I have no interest in doing the fishing quests etc.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done quite a bit of fishing since High Seas came out and have done numerous quests. I am now a legendary fisher and I would say no you do not get any real benefits from having higher fishing skill beyond GM other than rare fish, so if you just want to fish for MIB/SOS, GM should be fine. The RNG for which MIB's turn into ASOS don't seem to be any better at higher skill either. Hope that helps, good luck and may the bait be with you.

Lord Aphid/ The Albatross LS

J

JimmyB

I hit 120 fishing on 1/29 and have to disagree with the last reply. I find that I get a LOT more mibs, normally when I catch one I stop my ship and usually get 2 more in a row. I find this happens often, especially if I am baiting for rare fish. Most days of 1-2 hours fishing I average over 20 mibs.

G

Gowron

I hit 120 fishing on 1/29 and have to disagree with the last reply. I find that I get a LOT more mibs, normally when I catch one I stop my ship and usually get 2 more in a row. I find this happens often, especially if I am baiting for rare fish. Most days of 1-2 hours fishing I average over 20 mibs.
I haven't hit 120 yet, but from the time I hit 115 and on, I've noticed a sharp increase in the MiBs that I fish up. However, I don't expect a major shift in the ratio of ancients to regular SoSs.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with the previous two posters, I've noticed a significant increase in the mibs after GM.