• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Benefits of 120 Fishing?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant seem to find any info on the benefits of being 120 fishing.

Is there any? :eyes:

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you have already mentioned, there is really no information about higher fishing skill bonuses. However, these might be some of the benefits:

Having a higher fishing skill might help you to catch rare fish more frequently. Some of the rare fish are still havent been found, so they might require a higher fishing skill to catch.

One thing some of us have noticed during the test was the more frequently caught sea serpents with legendary fishing skill. So, higher fishing skill might help you to catch more messages in bottle. Maybe, even more white pearls and delicate scales.

Most of the fishers want a higher fishing skill to get better orders from the fish mongers (together with a better reputation). I dont know if some of the rare fish baits, volumes of the dragonfish handbook and/or fishing powerscrolls can be obtained by these higher orders. It has been recently announced in uoherald that even the drop of 120 fishing powerscroll from the fish monger quests is currently being reviewed. I guess we will all have to wait and see to have a correct answer to your question.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know what I wish one of the benefits were.
I wish 120 fishing allowed you to avoid catching footwear!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are some rare fish which requires high skill. Probably only with 120 you'll be able to catch them...