• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Belt of healing

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I got the healing belt today. Seems that if it's equipped I can't use my vet macro, but if I have it in my main pack then I can. Anyone know a way around this? I use EC. If I have it equipped it seems the only way to use the bandages is to double click them then target animal.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Doesn't look like it works with the "Bandage Target" pre-built macro in EC. Here is how I got it to work:

1. Drag the bandages from the belt to the first action slot
  2. Put WaitForTarg in the second action slot
  3. Put Cursor Target Current in the third action slot

SouthPaw

Lore Master
My macro is setup to target the saved pet, but doesn't work. I'll try what you posted. Do you have to have the belt pack open for it to work?

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Found this on another thread. Never tried it, but I plan to tonight after work.

"In EC you can also heal specific pets without a macro at all. Just drag bandages to a hotbar slot, right click them, select "target: stored" and target your pet once. As an extra you can give it a hotkey and use multiple hotbar slots for different pets or even other players in the same way."

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I want to have a macro that uses the honor virtue on a target I select and then immediately does "all kill" on that same target. Not sure if that's possible without using something like, target nearest hostile or something like it.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Found this on another thread. Never tried it, but I plan to tonight after work.

"In EC you can also heal specific pets without a macro at all. Just drag bandages to a hotbar slot, right click them, select "target: stored" and target your pet once. As an extra you can give it a hotkey and use multiple hotbar slots for different pets or even other players in the same way."

Just tried it, this works with the bandage belt. The only annoyance, similar to my macro workaround above, is that it depends on those specific bandages in the macro. I guess as long as you replenish the stack with the same color bandages you won't have to change the macro, otherwise you will need to keep pulling your new bandage stack into the macro.

The second way just by using the bandages on the hotbar and setting the target to stored is a bit easier. You just need to change the stored target if you change pets, but not that big of a deal. If you put different bandages in your belt, you can just drag those to your hotbar really quick instead of having to edit the macro.

I want to have a macro that uses the honor virtue on a target I select and then immediately does "all kill" on that same target. Not sure if that's possible without using something like, target nearest hostile or something like it.
You should be able to do that like this:

Thats:
  • Slot 1: Virtue Honor
  • Slot 2: Wait for Target
  • Slot 3: Cursor Target Current
  • Slot 4: All Kill
  • Slot 5: Wait for Target
  • Slot 6: Cursor Target Current
This requires you to manually target the enemy you want, then use this macro. If you just want to target nearest enemy and try to honor/all kill it, add a "Target Nearest Enemy" action from the "Targeting" page to the front of the macro and it should work:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Glad to hear the bandage macro works with the belt. Thanks for testing that.

With that first kill macro you posted will it wait for me to target the mob and then continue the rest of the macro? Or do I have to have a 2nd macro to target the mob first?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Glad to hear the bandage macro works with the belt. Thanks for testing that.

With that first kill macro you posted will it wait for me to target the mob and then continue the rest of the macro? Or do I have to have a 2nd macro to target the mob first?
It requires you to target the mob first, then use the macro. After that, it will honor your current target and tell your pet to attack it. There might be a way to do it the way you are describing, I'll try to play with it later today.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also ,see if having the container for the belt contents open when running the macro, helps

SouthPaw

Lore Master
For the life of me I can't get the healing macro to work. When I drag bandages from the healing belt to the hot bar, they show up kind of greyed out and if I right click on it there's no option to target stored.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
For the life of me I can't get the healing macro to work. When I drag bandages from the healing belt to the hot bar, they show up kind of greyed out and if I right click on it there's no option to target stored.
Do you use standard EC or Pincos? I know Pincos does some logic checks on the hotbars, maybe there is a bug with having the bandages on the bar directly that his checks are disabling them.

Edit: Just tested with Pinco's, seems to work as it should there.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I just use the standard EC.

I put bandages on hot bar, right click and the option to target stored doesn't show.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I found out I needed to disable legacy targeting in the options menu. So now I can put bandages in the hot bar, right click and target pet, but it still doesn't work with the belt equipped, only works with belt in my main pack. Any ideas?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Played with healing macro some more over the weekend. Just cannot get it to work the way I want with belt equipped.

When I drag bandages to the hot bar they show as greyed out and if I hover mouse over it, it shows 0 bandages. If I go to options and disable "legacy targeting" then I can at least select to store target, but still shows 0 bandages. The only way I could get it to work is to make a macro like this; stored pet target, bandage pet; but then it has that glowing ring around pet and that annoying pet bar with commands pops up every time.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering if the +10 Vet/Healing function of Enhanced Bandages works while they're in the Healing Belt. I'll have to test that out sometime on TC.