Being Ghost isn't a permanent state.

• Thread starter Ghost_Writer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

Ghost_Writer

Hail and well met my friends,
Many years ago I found a way to link between many worlds. Ghost Writer was created to be a voice between the UO community, Stratics Staff, the UO Devs, and the Then Current EM of Origin. I have been honored to serve the community and have done my best to keep the players of Origin informed, and to keep the forums where they communicate, running smoothly. I hope I have served you well.

Recently I've found it more and more difficult to find the time and effort it takes to stay in contact with so many worlds. I feel as though I just don't have the time it takes to keep up with it all, and consequently I can no longer give everything the attention it deserves. Rather than doing just an adequate job at too many projects I have decided it would be in my best interest and the best interest of the community to step down from some of my responsibilities and cut back on some activities. I think someone more motivated can do a better job of managing the Origin News and forums. The community would benefit as well from someone with more time and passion than I have left.

As for me, well I've come to the conclusion the little time I have to spend on gaming would be better spent actually playing games. I'll no longer be volunteering my time for any game news, game testing, or forums. I will be using my Michael Wolf forum account from now on for any forum activity. Please don't PM Ghost Writer, I will not be checking this account any longer.

I hope to see you all in game, where I began this journey many many years ago. I'll still be playing Origin occasionally, I have no intention of quitting UO, although I must admit I hardly play it anymore. Which is one of the reasons for my resignation, I hardly play any games anymore and I plan to rectify that situation. I'm also looking forward to Darkfall, and expect to be spending most of my time there.

It has been a pleasure! It's time for this old Ghost to lie down and rest.

Farewell my friends.

Safe Travels My Friends,
Ghost Writer

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2003
Baja!!
:(

I'll miss you!! You've helped me a lot in the past several months with sharpening my mod skills. And have been a terrific sounding board.

*Big Hugs* and may your travels be safe.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 30, 2004
Makoto & Luna
:( While I'm sad to see you go I'm also happy you've made the decision to do what's in your best interest and go in the direction that makes you most happy. Good luck in all your future endevours. I hope to perhaps see a lone wolf running around from time to time!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
It always makes me sad when I say this. but it has to be said. May you have fair winds and a following sea in all that you do. I will miss your commentary on these boards. Come and play on origin.

F

Flora Green

All the best to you, Ghost Writer. I hope these changes bring you happiness and good times. :)