• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Being discoed every few minutes problem symptom I've noticed this morning.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every time I lose connection from the game the internet icon on my taskbar is changing from wired to wifi or the other direction. Client has to be shutdown and restarted in order for the game to manage to reconnect.

I've fiber-optic cable internet and phone. I put in a service call over a no dial tone phone that will ring when called last Friday and will get a service visit this coming Wednesday due to their service people being backlogged. Things typically get fixed within an hour or two of a call for service. All this disco from the game problem due to our ISP, not the game? This disco bit started last night.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried playing this evening and still being discoed every few minutes. I went into the device manager in the control panel and disabled the wired internet connection leaving the wifi working and my disco problem has stopped.

I was using the wired internet on my desktop with the wifi enabled on my router for my cell phone, now both are running via wifi and I can play UO without a problem. Can others who were having disco problems in a thread a while back try shutting down their wired internet and going full wifi and see if their disco problem stops?