• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Being A Newb Sucks

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
So I'm making a new toon on Atlantic. Instead of taking gold to Atlantic, staying a few days then coming home I thought I'd do things a little different. Figure with a guy there all the time he can earn some gold and pick up odds and ends to stock pile for when I do a transfer. Anyway it's not easy being new. I'm not asking for any help from anyone by the way but I'm not against grabbing something off the ground in Haven. After a few days I have some crap armor, a horse, full spell book, trammel rune book, a few repair deeds, etc. Sheared a lot of sheep. Kinda the basics and I'm using all those old tricks to get skills and stats up. I really know the ins and outs to making characters and I gotta tell ya it's not easy. When you got nothing and your making like maybe 4K an hour your gonna be on the bottom of the scale for a long time. Little things like a training ball, LRC suit, etc are really missed in training. OMG I wish I had a soul stone to bleed off unwanted skill from getting my stats up. 1K for 10 orange petals? Pure crap armor and weapons are a few K minimum. Even food, repair deeds, etc really add up when you got nothing. It's not easy being a newb. It is kinda fun though ;) Got killed by a spectre at the Trinsic graveyard. :/ I really forgot what a struggle being new with zero help is lol We've gotten spoiled to a great extent I believe. Every member of the BS team should do this. I have a pretty good idea what's going on, for an actual new person... good luck! Hang in there :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL. I've expanded to a few other shards...but I send a developed char over there from Legends, and then work the noob on Legends where I have crafter and imbuers and money . And then send him to another shyard, so forth and so on.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm making a new toon on Atlantic. Instead of taking gold to Atlantic, staying a few days then coming home I thought I'd do things a little different. Figure with a guy there all the time he can earn some gold and pick up odds and ends to stock pile for when I do a transfer. Anyway it's not easy being new. I'm not asking for any help from anyone by the way but I'm not against grabbing something off the ground in Haven. After a few days I have some crap armor, a horse, full spell book, trammel rune book, a few repair deeds, etc. Sheared a lot of sheep. Kinda the basics and I'm using all those old tricks to get skills and stats up. I really know the ins and outs to making characters and I gotta tell ya it's not easy. When you got nothing and your making like maybe 4K an hour your gonna be on the bottom of the scale for a long time. Little things like a training ball, LRC suit, etc are really missed in training. OMG I wish I had a soul stone to bleed off unwanted skill from getting my stats up. 1K for 10 orange petals? Pure crap armor and weapons are a few K minimum. Even food, repair deeds, etc really add up when you got nothing. It's not easy being a newb. It is kinda fun though ;) Got killed by a spectre at the Trinsic graveyard. :/ I really forgot what a struggle being new with zero help is lol We've gotten spoiled to a great extent I believe. Every member of the BS team should do this. I have a pretty good idea what's going on, for an actual new person... good luck! Hang in there :p
Haha getting the then 800-gold to buy a horse used to be such an achievement, and then you would get PK'd and have to do it all over again. Then again, you started with 100 gold back then. Now you start with 1,000 and there are not Fel risks :p so I think it isn't too bad. But in general, the rule of thumb for games is that you start with a warrior type because they are the cheapest to produce/quickest to level, then you make a mage character second once you have somewhat of an economy going.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh been there, done this a few hundred times ... hehe
Yes I would like to see the Dev do a real run of a newbie without their god powers or any help. Then they will understand what we have evolved into and what the new guys coming in are facing. The REAL newbies get this flung in their face when they start on Atlantic... other shards if the populations moderate they might have a few kind people show them how to gain in the ways they need. Believe me you there is a good dozen ways to gain in skill, stats, and gold. But here is the rub... Time they have to play.. in 97 most of us had wide swaths of time we could drop on the game... now.... I have heard friends say they got an hour max, as you know its not easy to put together a group when time is a factor in the members joined in.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
LOL. I've expanded to a few other shards...but I send a developed char over there from Legends, and then work the noob on Legends where I have crafter and imbuers and money . And then send him to another shyard, so forth and so on.
That makes a lot of sense but I'm rather enjoying it. The process takes me back to the old days :)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I did this recently a few times even... I made a melee with Swords, Parry, Healing, Anat, Tactics, Chiv, and Resisting Spells (Changed that one to Bushido). I killed undead til 60 ish in Old Haven.. Killed Ettins til 80 south of New Haven... and killed eles til 100 in New Haven Mine. Went very smooth. Took FOREVER. Around 90 I created a crafter and ground up mining in a couple sessions. I then went to Blackthorns and farmed gold eles and kept a pile going. I'd then run in a miner and smelt it. Then I'd turn it in for points to cleanup and sell the stuff.

Made good gold like that for a while. Also, blackthorn items sell for 100k each.

The toughest part was the ettins. I actually like fighting earth eles for some reason. Reminds me of Despise. I'm slowly getting PS now.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's funny, the other day this new player was asking me to buy him some LRC, before I could do anything to help him, someone dropped 20M on him...

Back in the day...10k and you'd be like THANKS!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's funny, the other day this new player was asking me to buy him some LRC, before I could do anything to help him, someone dropped 20M on him...

Back in the day...10k and you'd be like THANKS!
I've had people do this to me... Similar to starting with a clean slate, it ruins half the fun. I mean, I didn't complain about it, but it did kinda make me focus on other things not as fun as just skilling up and figuring things out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I love starting on a new shard with a clean slate. Starting a new character on an established shard takes away half the fun!:scholar:
Only if you accept help... if you sink or swim on your own it is FAR more challenging...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny I just started building characters on one of my accounts that just places houses. Hard to avoid the temptation of giving the account a bank full of gold and letting the characters raid the armory. If you see Krod Mandoon, Bruce, Aneka Etc. running around legends skilling and doing trivial things say hi :) But please do not offer stuff. I did break down and let them use the accts house on the Zento Square and put one commod box there for them to use. Can actually make a half way decent set of armor with the New Haven quest Walkers Leggings, Twilight Jacket, Arms of armstrong, and the gloves from the wrestling one. Not hard to find a hat and gorget with some resist on the ettins and get into 70-70-50-50-50 range. Someone tossed a blessed spirit of the totem on the ground at New Haven Bank so I snatched that up for Krods head piece.

I do see some problems though for real noobs or even returning folks starting new.
The first being that it is fairly easy to build a basic warrior type suit with the new player quest items. It totally sucks trying to put together a mage suit. they need to bump the hallowed spell book to a full spell book and change the rest of the mage quest to where you can pull a crappy resist, no or low mod LRC suit. Starting gold needs bumped up to 10k and it would be great if they would toss a lizard man and bigger ettin spawn somewhere on the island. The Earth els in the mine are alright but the lizard men co mingled with ogre lords makes ZERO sense. Or they could just move the despise mini game to the haven mine and return despise to its former glory as the best place to train combat skills up :) Sadly they had haven right with AOS and for whatever reason shrunk the land and made new haven a hobo camp :) But it is what it is. Undead.....Boglings......... ettins..... and then bandits or earth els.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It only sucks if your mindset is "rich, endgame, vendors, rares".

A true noob not knowing the world can just explore it for weeks. That's nothing that would work for us just starting a fresh char. But a true new player will be busy for weeks just checking out all the places.

Skill training is more a progression than a grind 0-120. Your learn along your gameplay, and the main goals might not be "reaching that 120 skill real quick" but more like "getting to that area where the dragons spawn".

So I think it only sucks if your tell yourself hard enough. Otherwise it's a pretty fun experience.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have two characters, one is 20+ years old and has all the **** I ever need. The other I play with no goal in mind, she has very little, no house, no crap, still not even scrolled or fully skilled. Second one is far more entertaining to play, IMO.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm making an old school dexxer for PvM. Seemed like the easiest and fastest.
Wait til you GM and wonder how you're going to get the gold for scrolls to keep gaining ...
Edit: BTW, nice shortcut for gear on Atlantic is the Sat PM and Sun noon Scalis net toss - just hang back until it goes public and take what you need - sucks for gargoyles but great for humans and elves

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It only sucks if your mindset is "rich, endgame, vendors, rares".

A true noob not knowing the world can just explore it for weeks. That's nothing that would work for us just starting a fresh char. But a true new player will be busy for weeks just checking out all the places.

Skill training is more a progression than a grind 0-120. Your learn along your gameplay, and the main goals might not be "reaching that 120 skill real quick" but more like "getting to that area where the dragons spawn".

So I think it only sucks if your tell yourself hard enough. Otherwise it's a pretty fun experience.
my mindset is "drunk, fight, love, pee on @kelmo 's lawn"

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I hope new people don't make an archer first, they may not be to happy when they run out of arrows and gold lol. sometimes arrows cost too much for them. also, on some shards they may not stay unless they can repair armor. there are many small things like this that should be looked at before EJ. too bad devs don't ask us for imput.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I hope new people don't make an archer first, they may not be to happy when they run out of arrows and gold lol. sometimes arrows cost too much for them. also, on some shards they may not stay unless they can repair armor. there are many small things like this that should be looked at before EJ. too bad devs don't ask us for imput.
I just wear my armor till it falls off then replace it with some other loot I've found lol. Not like I'm running any leet gear :)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamer is a really good newbie template. You can wear crap gear, train a forest animal or something early on and level it up and it will do you just fine till you get skilled, and even after if you're playing casually.

When I started my new account I just ran around the woods taming anything I saw that could give me a gain, picking up every piece of crap I could find that I might be able to hock or horde for later chopped wood, made arrows. Got a few dire wolves once I got up high enough (this was before training hit) to protect me from the dark wisps.

I put down a small house near town when I'm playing, pull up tent when I go inactive, decide what I want to keep, and trash the rest. Really wish we could still make tents. :(

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think the skill gain for taming is a bit of a turn off for new players. I wish they'd give each skill use multiple skill checks for gain.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, first 4k an hour seems pretty light. Seems like killing cows and selling leather could eclipse that pretty easily.

At any rate - I do think that the follow items should be more obtainable for the new character :
* Standard all 50's suit of armor. Its not overpowered. No blacksmith or tailor is making a living selling GM leather armor to newbs. You can't find it on vendors at all etc. Its enough protection to kill some low level creatures with loot.
* Instead of any two skills to 50 - go with 75. Thats enough to start out with 75 weapon & tacs to kill something decent to hunt loot to start. No need to start with 2x50. You still have to build 6x100 or more skills.
* Make full spellbooks and full necro books purchasable from NPC like full sampire books. Again - no one making a living on selling 64 spell books. Hard to find for sale on many shards.
* Give player horse to start that is bonded. No one making a living taming and selling horses and 500gp for a horse kills half your starting gold.

Those are just some very small tweaks to make it a bit easier to start with a brand new character on any shard. Nothing overpowering. Not taking anyones livleyhood away. Time for UO to get with the times.
Still not enough of any benefit for people to create and delete new characters just to get a horse and a 50 suit of armor.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the skill gain for taming is a bit of a turn off for new players. I wish they'd give each skill use multiple skill checks for gain.
Couldn't agree more on taming. You should get BIG skill check on tame new creature. You should get minor skill check everytime you command it to all kill and it kills something. That would be way more fun to 'level' taming then tame, kill, repeat. There is no gold or advancement in that.

If I work a sampire I make gold and items all the way along. If I work a tamer, I make very little unless I can skin the hides when I kill it. Thats it.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well, first 4k an hour seems pretty light. Seems like killing cows and selling leather could eclipse that pretty easily.

At any rate - I do think that the follow items should be more obtainable for the new character :
* Standard all 50's suit of armor. Its not overpowered. No blacksmith or tailor is making a living selling GM leather armor to newbs. You can't find it on vendors at all etc. Its enough protection to kill some low level creatures with loot.
* Instead of any two skills to 50 - go with 75. Thats enough to start out with 75 weapon & tacs to kill something decent to hunt loot to start. No need to start with 2x50. You still have to build 6x100 or more skills.
* Make full spellbooks and full necro books purchasable from NPC like full sampire books. Again - no one making a living on selling 64 spell books. Hard to find for sale on many shards.
* Give player horse to start that is bonded. No one making a living taming and selling horses and 500gp for a horse kills half your starting gold.

Those are just some very small tweaks to make it a bit easier to start with a brand new character on any shard. Nothing overpowering. Not taking anyones livleyhood away. Time for UO to get with the times.
Still not enough of any benefit for people to create and delete new characters just to get a horse and a 50 suit of armor.
Actually I started off in Trinsic (I so love Trinsic) killing cows on Barrier Island. I found the gold is much better in Haven for a newb. Which makes sense. Also the skill gain is better while farming. Newbs really need to stay in Haven till they get a grip on things. Then again if your by yourself it's really good but if there's 2 or 3 other newbs around things go downhill pretty quick. Not enough to go around.

Stubentiger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I dislike the skillgain limitations most with a new char.
I used an archer with skills in the 60s to help in the last invasion.
Because most monsters were too high level i only gained 0.5 or so an evening.

I don't expect super gains from high level monsters in archery... but hardly any gains?
Gained lots of healing and collected deathrobes though :p

But skillgaining through normal playing seems ... broken?

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait til you GM and wonder how you're going to get the gold for scrolls to keep gaining ...
Edit: BTW, nice shortcut for gear on Atlantic is the Sat PM and Sun noon Scalis net toss - just hang back until it goes public and take what you need - sucks for gargoyles but great for humans and elves
Take bandages and work healing / vet or if you get that lrc suit use heal and help keep players and pets alive. Bring food to sit out on the docks, it's a fun time and you'll meet nice people.
You can do the wait for public loot at Humility and Turtle spawn too.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just met a brand new player. He made it to Luna stable and I noticed he was walking around and started copying things I said, like claim list and stall. He said he didn't have anything (in his stable) so we started talking.

He had been to Haven. He was out of reagents he had been picking up. I hooked him up with an LRC suit and a Scrappers. He did not find the instructor for Magery. I showed him that instructor. Showed him how to talk in Chat. Took him to the Rune Library and Public Dye tubs.

He bought all the expansions and 6 months game time.

There are a lot of things to show new players.

Now he is in New Haven killing zombies and stuff.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just met a brand new player. He made it to Luna stable and I noticed he was walking around and started copying things I said, like claim list and stall. He said he didn't have anything (in his stable) so we started talking.

He had been to Haven. He was out of reagents he had been picking up. I hooked him up with an LRC suit and a Scrappers. He did not find the instructor for Magery. I showed him that instructor. Showed him how to talk in Chat. Took him to the Rune Library and Public Dye tubs.

THIS is the UO I was exposed to on Pac when I started. Thank you for doing all that.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have two characters, one is 20+ years old and has all the **** I ever need. The other I play with no goal in mind, she has very little, no house, no crap, still not even scrolled or fully skilled. Second one is far more entertaining to play, IMO.
When I start a new character, it's always on their own. To me, part of the fun of this game is raising skills and earning your place in the world ... no matter the profession. I am biased though, and tend more toward dexxers than magery.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of players don't know they can Join VvV with their own personal guild they made for 25k and get 4 VvV Artifacts. They are antique, but that is a very nice start to a new player who shouldn't be stepping foot into fel for a while.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the perk of the 4 VvV artifacts?
Your new toon can get 4 pieces to build a decent suit around to get started with that would otherwise cost a couple hundred million for the non VvV versions.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
QUOTE="Lore, post: 2906381, member: 192838"]What's the perk of the 4 VvV artifacts?[/QUOTE]

To a new player with nothing but the clothes on it's back, for a meesly 25k you can go ahead and pick 4 VvV Artifacts Including Orny, Mace and Shield glasses, Crimson, Rune Beetle Carapace, Stormgrips, Inquisitors Resolution, Primer, Hunter's Headdress, Etc. All antique of course, but if repaired in a timely manner should last until you hit gm skill from normal fighting. Oh, and the 4 is just to start, if you even attempt to participate in VvV Towns you can get as many as you want.

Playing a mage? Orny + Inquisitors + Rune beetle Carapace + Clanin's Spell book

2/6 Casting
9 Mana Regen
40 Lmc
35 Lrc
10 Mana

Playing a dexxer?
Spirit Totem, Rune Beetle, Primer, and Stormgrips

35 Hci
45 Damage Increase
20 Strength
15% Lmc
3 Mana Regen
10 Mana
8 Int

Lots of Combinations that would makes being a returning player easier. My Suggestions. Farm in haven until you hit 25k, make your own guild, get your VvV Artifacts to start. Farm more while leveling until you can get a home, then start working on an imbuer/crafter or just mythic token one up. It doesn't take much in resources to start getting some stats and resist pieces to fill in the gaps. It also gives you something to do with all the excess loot. From there it's just farming until you hit gm and can start doing other things.

Faction Artifacts - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THIS is the UO I was exposed to on Pac when I started. Thank you for doing all that.
The kid is motivated. He asked in chat for help with spellweaving quest. He is looking stuff up online but does not know where the places are. I took him to heartwood, then sanctuary then the rats underground. We ran thru sanctuary and he died as he got over the barracade, that was funny.

I killed the ratmen and he killed the rats. I brought the wood and stuff and he now has a spellweaving book. I gave him 4 scrolls I had.

Now he is out exploring other places. It is a big world for a noob.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is still online. Someone is making him a new suit of Armor and Don came on to give him the official LS tour.

It is fun helping players with good attitudes.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If I find new or returning players I too give them the full tour, outfit them with the appropriate armor... generally something all 70's with full LRC for mages and good HCI and SSI stuff for dexers... get them a starter pet if need be... horse, 16th pony, bug if they want... food to feed it and stable it instructions to bond it... generally show them the Nameless Rune Library, how to use Gen Chat... warnings on trusting fools in there. Give them Discord info incase they want to give that a go or have questions. Direct them here. Tell them to come here and ask any questions...

Often offer repairs or whatever they need. Tell them the best ways to gain skills, discuss templates for their preferred gameplay style... discuss what guilds they might be interested in... and yes if they are looking for something GLs doesn't offer... I direct them to other shards. Though with caution and warnings. Especially about the level of scamming and such in some places.

I do try to warn them of any of the latest scams... if they want to remain on GLs I tell them about the EM Events... and other events on GLs... where to find them and such... even mark a rune or two and hand them a runebook... since I often have a few of those laying about... Generally by the time we've had a chat they are excited and ready to work some skills up...

Change thread title to being a noob is what you make of it.... , haha

I love starting on a new shard with a clean slate. Starting a new character on an established shard takes away half the fun!:scholar:
Yes I've loved that in gaming for years. It is totally different when the "world" is new. Items aren't available until people make them! I loved SWG player economy and UO is somewhat...

The other day a player asked me, asked me!! for an LRC suit and some gold, I told him the same advice I received 20 years ago... go sheer sheep, tailor and sell to the vendor. It was the same person that gave me a sword and armor I had to skill/stat up to use when I came back to Brit in my death robe! Boy was I determined to use those items!

I bet you felt good after getting that char going on ATL! Accomplishment! Ahhhh nice.

I also love the meta games you can play in games. 20 years and I still pick up stuff off the ground, gather regs when I'm traveling. We used to do nekkid dungeon runs. A thief would snoop all the backpacks to check for just a newbie dagger, then you were off for 30 minutes to gather and kill what you could! At the end of time everything was sold to vendors and the most gold won a prize. Usually a weapon of Power or Vanquishing!

I had a friend that would make new characters and see how long it took to make 100k...

If you power hour, lol, power grind you miss so much of why this game was created! THIS IS an MMORPG, notice nowadays they just call the other games MMO's ?

It's a virtual world, there is no end game, live in it, make it what you will, enjoy!!

You can make arrows easy on another character.
hahah Yep arrows are free!!! It's things like that, that make this game awesome to PLAY!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

This! This is the only thing that will work. It's a confusing world out there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This! This is the only thing that will work. It's a confusing world out there.
Yes, that's why I "modified" your topic. For us to start a new toon, we just need to find a few shard specific things like EM s meeting house, Navrey hole, EM made shrines, etc. The rest is in the same spot.

For a completely new player it is very overwhelming. There was only one facet when I started and I had a big cloth map to guide me.

Now there are many expansions and places to play that do not fit on a cloth map. Also individual shards have particular areas where people play.

We shall see what happens when EJ is released.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In EC, you can move the in game map around... I brought a WoW player over with me, but she left because of the grind to get anything rewarding. When you press a button in a skinner box you expect a reward. I helped her in EC and after explaining things in relation to WoW she picked up the game very easy.

The things she didn't like were spending HOURS on things and getting nothing for it. For example, she wanted a crafter so I showed her some of my favorite mining spots. A week later of gaming 4+ hours a day she finally GMs. The result? Valorite that she could rarely find anyways and when she did there was no point to valorite anymore.

She then tried a tamer because thats what everyone does... She thought mining took too long so you can imagine how that went... So I bought her a mythic token and then helped her get a primer by abandoning the quest and picking it back up after server swaps until she finally got Dragon Turtle. She then spent a gaming session getting taming to 100 and vetting and holding a macro for lore... So then she wants a big dragon like everyone else... so I tell her about Powerscrolls (This was before the tamer patch BTW) and she does a search, both of us after weeks have made about a mil total. Well... on ATL and Taming Lore scrolls? Yea... might as well spend real cash on it...

So we got into the third party sites and just both got disgusted. She left back for WoW.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I fail to see why anyone making a new character wouldn't take advantage of the free VVV gear.

Did something change?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well... I just didn't know about it.
Most people don't know about it, or don't know that you can get some immediately. It's not advertised or shown.... One of the great and terrible things about this game is there is nothing to give players any sort of direction.