• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Behind the times.

• Thread starter imported_Gracie Nito
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Gracie Nito

Most people are probably not even aware that there are websites that offer current "sim time" in game. However, I have used these for years to know what time it is in TSO and now EAland when I'm not logged into the game.

Recently game time must have changed with an update because none of the webclocks show the correct time anymore.

Ref: http://www.geocities.com/betatest102/index.html
and http://www.tsomania.net/

We seem to have lost a couple of hours somewhere along the way. Developers jumping the gun on daylight's savings time?

G

This is cool! I was just today when we got home from the store (ewwww) wondering how close it was to when I go to work at the restaurant in=game, but didn't bother to log in and check. I'm one of the many that didn't know this existed. So when you say 'lost a couple hours along the way', do you mean that these clocks are now 2 hours fast, according to sim time? If that's the case then an hour of it will be accounted for this Sunday since this is the week we roll our clocks forward (spring forward, fall back is how I've always remembered it). OT to the original subject, but I've always wondered why there are certain states within the US, though I can't remember which ones, have elected not to participate in resetting the clocks. Seems like that'd mess them up when it comes to sunrise and sunset times.

G

Arizona doesn't change because of the heat. Indiana was the only other state not to change, and they did change this last time. Reasoning for IN not changing was confusing, but having to do with sharing a boarder with Chicago. I love it growing up on the OH/IN border, if it was 9:00 in Ohio and you forgot you needed to go to the store, it was only 8:00 in Indiana and you could still make it before 9:00!

Back on topic.. It shouldn't be difficult for TSOMania to fix that, as long as they're aware of the problem..

G

<blockquote><hr>

I love it growing up on the OH/IN border, if it was 9:00 in Ohio and you forgot you needed to go to the store, it was only 8:00 in Indiana and you could still make it before 9:00!

Back on topic.. It shouldn't be difficult for TSOMania to fix that, as long as they're aware of the problem..

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;OT again
&gt; It's been said more than once in the last few years that Sam Walton would spin in his grave if he knew that Wal-Marts are now 24/7. I can remember growing up when they weren't even open on Sundays *at all*, because he designated that day for going to worship service, and/or letting his employees spend time with their families even if they weren't church-goers. It's wonderful to have that convenience now, but sucks to think that that was not his vision for how things would be run with the franchise. &lt;/OT *cough&gt;

Do the players that started TSO mania still play? I'm not sure I ever knew who started that....The View Askew started a similar fansite when you were with them, didn't they Trish? It wasn't tsomania, was it? Was Evee connected with TSO Mania? (Still can remember that thread when she revealed she was Mr. E and then changed her username LOL).

G

Thats weird, as of right now it matches the time in EA-Land. The sim clock on the site runs off of your computer clock, so if it is off by 5-10 minutes then the sim clock would be off a few hours. Daylight savings would not affect it because it uses UTC time. Try syncing your computer clock with a time server under the Internet Time tab in the properties and see if that corrects it.