• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Beginner advice please

L

lancelot99

i'm a returning player and realise i need an imbuer ...

i have a tamer and an old school sampire with amazingly outdated armour (by todays standards. so needs new armour as soon as possible)

would you suggest i take out my old sampire and go collect regs from the abyss before i begin my imbuing training?

or start from scratch??

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
go fight ANYTHING; loot all junk that has at least one property. It doesn't have to be in the Abyss.

With your Imbuing Trainee, unravel all the stuff in the bags (even wands unravel).

You can get to about 70-80 skill easily.

Then, start going hunting for the stuff you need for the imbues, and STILL keep looting.

Use the residue you get from all that unraveling, to train up to 120 using the guide in the Craftsman's Data Chest subforum. Note that you get the 120 power scroll most easily by getting a bunch of the 115 PS from the quest that takes enchanted essence, then using a scroll binder to combine them into a 120 PS.

Using the method I mentioned, you'll not use anything other than residue, normal amber and citrine to train (and the ingots needed to make about 100-150 exceptional plate jingasa), and 500 enchanted essence in quests for the powerscrolls.

Z

Zomeguy

I read somewhere that you can raise imbuing without crafting anything, by unraveling and imbuing looted wands alone. Can't confirm this yet, only at 42 skill.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I read somewhere that you can raise imbuing without crafting anything, by unraveling and imbuing looted wands alone. Can't confirm this yet, only at 42 skill.
Yes, you can.

The main difference between using crafted plates and using looted items is that in the first case you know in advance which imbue you need.
If you use looted items you should manually check every item and decide can you use it or not for training. It takes more time but will be cheaper because you can train using 1 MR and 1 Amber/Citrine for one imbue.

I advice you to loot only items that weight 1 stone so you can get much more items from a trip.