• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Begging Timer

G

I'm fairly new to the begging scene, I'm wondering if there was ever a justification for the timer? Or ever a discussion of removing it? It doesn't seem to me like without the timer there would be billionaire beggars swarming the shards. You still have to walk up to each potential target, and theres some sort of timer on npc's so you can't repeat beg the same one. So its not like I could put a weight on a use skill begging/last target macro and come back 6 hours later and find I'm overloaded with gold.....

I just don't get some of the timers, begging/poisoning have annoying delays, but hey I can mix a billion potions an hour, or make a million swords, but asking someone for money apparently is exhausting work!

Rey~

Rey~

G

Back in the day you started with 100gp and gold was generally harder to come by. Perhaps what you got from Begging was - relatively speaking - more of a decent income so they sought to limit the rate it was acquired?

I'm not sure if they've ever adjusted how much is gained by using the skill on NPCs, might have to ask some of our veteran beggars. They certainly haven't allowed for inflation over the years, so perhaps the skill delay is a bit outmoded.

I

imported_Fran Fury

I have to agree. No reason for a timer on using the begging skill. I can understand the timer for begging from the same npc.
But I am so tired of targeting the npc and just as I click they decide to move and I miss...then I have to wait again to beg from them even though I never actually begged from anyone.

Of course the easier way to avoid that is to pull up their bar before attempting to beg from them and target the bar instead of them which seems to be more work but I have plenty of time since I have to wait on the timer anyways. lol

G

I've just stickied a thread here for ideas & suggestions on improving the Begging skill, maybe one of you would like to add removal/revision of the skill timer to the discussion.