• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Begging gains???????????????????

• Thread starter Kyrie_Elaison
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kyrie_Elaison

Is it just me or does it cause you less gains if someone else is trying to beg the same chars as you? You don't get gains when the NPC's are responding with stuff like "Shoo, Beggar, Shoo" do you?

N

Ni-

If you receive one of the 'shoo' replies then that attempt cannot result in a skill gain. Those aren't valid attempts because of the 60 second wait time for NPCs to be begged. If someone else is working the same area as you then both of you will suffer ******** skill gain. Best Begging skill gains come while there is no other compitition on the NPCs that you are training on.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

If you receive one of the 'shoo' replies then that attempt cannot result in a skill gain. Those aren't valid attempts because of the 60 second wait time for NPCs to be begged. If someone else is working the same area as you then both of you will suffer ******** skill gain. Best Begging skill gains come while there is no other compitition on the NPCs that you are training on.
That's what I figured, and other people keep coming to the same place I'm at and begging. I would prolly be gm if it wasn't for them.

:sad4:

N

Ni-

That's what I figured, and other people keep coming to the same place I'm at and begging. I would prolly be gm if it wasn't for them.

:sad4:
I took a, just about, naked character to felucca and begged in Trinsic where all the Paladins are. I only saw one other person go by. I wasn't worried about the money, so if a thief came by, they could steal all the want and I wouldn't have cared. Though I was about to make 100k off of my begging training. I kept that money separated just to see how much it would accumulate.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Maybe I'll get a boat and go rent a bunch of fighters.

This is actually kind of funny. The other person here is off the timer and I am getting all of the good replies.

:)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took a, just about, naked character to felucca and begged in Trinsic where all the Paladins are. I only saw one other person go by. I wasn't worried about the money, so if a thief came by, they could steal all the want and I wouldn't have cared. Though I was about to make 100k off of my begging training. I kept that money separated just to see how much it would accumulate.
That's not a bad idea at all. Maybe I'll head to fel tonight with my naked elf, and see if I can scare up some gains.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

That's not a bad idea at all. Maybe I'll head to fel tonight with my naked elf, and see if I can scare up some gains.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I found the spot, and I'm making a fortune at the same time.

:popcorn:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I found the spot, and I'm making a fortune at the same time.

:popcorn:
Mind PMing me that location so I can hit it up on Cats when I get home? If you do, I'll engrave a box with your name on it, and display my first GM obtained item in it with a book giving you credit for helping me get to GM. :D

K

Kyrie_Elaison

3 gains since I moved to my new spot.

I wouldn't suggest begging in towns right now, especially Luna. Everyone and their child are begging so much that you can't get any gains.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I :heart: Kyrie.

*runs off to the secret spot*
Just a warning, the gains are still slow, but I went from getting .1 every 3 hours fighting with other beggars, to about .1-.2 an hour. I'm at 95.5 right now.

I've gained 1.2 since I moved. I was logged out for 1 hour from then, so I gained that in about 3 hours.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have gotten about 1.1 in the last 3 hours or so. I didn't expect gains to take off at some obscene rate, but it's 10 times better than fighting for anything past my .1 GGS in Heartwood or Luna.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I have had really good gains so far this morning. I've almost gained a full point in about an hour and a half. Hopefully I can gm today if the gains keep coming in.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm stuck at work right now, so I can't train at all. :(
But I've got tomorrow off, and I plan on training all day, and also getting a good chuck of time done tonight. I ended up around 89.4 last night. I worked until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, then quit for the night.

X

Xel Naga

Good luck at GMing ! I'm sure you will be able to join the GM beggars club before november 17th and get yourself some webs at last :D

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Good luck at GMing ! I'm sure you will be able to join the GM beggars club before november 17th and get yourself some webs at last :D

I'm fairly certain I will either GM by tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. Fortunately it's been slow at work and I've been able to log in while there.

:mf_prop:

Power begging at it's best;

Now if I could just hire a healer to stay on my boat I could really do some trick or treating.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting there.

Don't tell my boss, but I installed UO and UOA on my computer at work today, and managed to sneak in a few hours of covert macroing. So I'm at 91.4 now, and back training while I eat my pizza and watch last Mondays episode of Heroes.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats!!

I'm at 92.6 right now. Things didn't go a planned today, and I wasn't hope to train as much as I had hoped.