• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Before Jaden Rain

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The beginning of who I am and who I became, me in the beginning was a young lady scared, timid and shy. Uncertain of who she was or even who she would become, her name was Desta and all to soon she would learn to defend herself in this world and establish who and what she really was. First she would have to overcome the timid , scared and shy, she had been alone surviving on the streets of Moonglow with two children Corey ( my real life Son ) and AnnaBeth ( this char came later within game but would be the image of my real life Daughter ), she had sailed to Moonglow from Old Haven and stepping off the ship she had caught glimpse of what would soon be the father of her next child, she met Adami trusting him they soon moved to the mountains in the north across the bay from Minoc to live with a family there. Days were hard but Desta would find herself scrambling the forests for reagents to practice magic with, Adami had tryed to convince her to become good with a sword, reluctantly she tried but each time she tryed to please him she found herself unhappy and would sneak away to gather reagents. Adami was saving money for a home and the woman in the cabin where they had lived was tiring of the men’s filthy ways so she to saved, soon Desta was sent to live with the Mother ( a real life friend who encouraged me to play uo) of the household in a small tower near Skara Brae before moving to the mountains Adami had convinced Desta to send AnnaBeth off to a girls school to learn to be a proper lady. Sad Desta stayed away from the mountain cabin and her son would Dailey make his way to Skara to see her one day bringing an old friend who had popped in to Skara for a visit ( a real life friend also started playing )Vinnie was an old family friend and his company was always welcomed. In fact he had arrived on a very well loved horse named Bob, everyone had loved that horse so much that Vinnie named his first born Son Bob ( his next char ) In the mean time while Adami had stayed back at the cabin along with Desta’s oldest Corey and Adami's friend Jon ( a real life friend who also encouraged us to play), Adami on during his stay in Moonglow before he had met Desta had become quite the lady’s man smiling and bringing gifts to all the lady’s standing along the fence line by the bank everyday. He and Desta became more and more distant each passing day. So the news of the baby soon to come would just cause him to want to try harder to be with Desta so she convinced her Motherly friend to secret. The last news she had heard of Adami was that he had boarded a ship at Moonglow docks with a very fancy dressed lady that had been regularly seen near the bank, later it had been said the ship had sank, but by this time the child had been born, a boy and was named Dylan. Desta had managed to save enough coin and moved to a tiny workshop along the coast at the swamps just north of Trinsic. The baby grew. Desta had met with a crafter during her trips to the city of Skara the young lady had ventured from the northern mountains as well her name was An’Angel and she followed Desta through all her moves from that day forward and had helped care for the baby and Corey. Always was the talk of one day AnnaBeth would come back to live with them but she had grown fond of the school and remained there. Many homes Desta owned and during her stay in a tiny home behind big luxury houses in Zento, ( this city would be where I would revolve my story around and the happiest time of my UO days ) she received a letter from her Sister who it felt like lived in a completely different world, the letter had a return address of Jaden Rain , Yew, Great Lakes.( at this time on game I also played Great Lakes and this was the server where Jaden was born in Britain ) As she began to read it she knew regardless the fact Desta had been banned from the family and cast out from her inheritance her sister still loved her.....( and Jaden was almost the opposite of Desta )