• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Before I continue on my UO rebirth.....

PorterATL

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Returned to UO late November 2012 with as much enthusiasm as I had in 1999.

Since I have been back, these things have happened, as im sure we are ALL aware.
My character will freeze. Sometimes just walking around, but often on server lines and recalls/gates. Things are happening still around me, monsters moving and making sounds. Sometimes I unfreeze rather quick, sometimes it seems permanent. My solution to this is instantly logout and back in because I can't tell if its a quick freeze or a short freeze. I have heard similar complaints, but no solutions.

Server has been down, no biggie, stuff happens.

I redesigned my house to quickly find all of my possessions which I had saved for 6+ years are outside on the ground. I was able to save them all after a frantic 20 minutes, having to put a hole in the wall of my house through another customization so I didn't have to walk to the entrance to my house on the far side.

Now the shard is reverted for WEEKS. All of the work I have done getting my characters up to date and bargaining for gear for updated templates is gone. Spending hours, probably totaling more than days all together scouring vendors for all the gear I needed. I don't care why this happened, I know they did it probably to right some other wrongs in part due to the other bugs I have mentioned here, or because they screwed up the last update, but it doesn't matter why it happened, it matters that it happened.

Yes I am ranting, yes I am mad, bro.

But my question is....
Is this par for the course lately? I haven't been back very long, and so far TERRIBLE things have happened making the game nearly unplayable. Has this been going on for a while?

I would like to continue playing, but as you can imagine I am having some SERIOUS second thoughts.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No really this isn't par for the course. It has been laggy and going down alot lately in the past 2 weeks. I guess from this glitch that they had to revert us to fix.

The customization bug was caused during the recent bug fix. Hopefully they will have that straightened out soon.

It is a mess right now, but as a rule we only crash the shard when we have big events.

Welcome back! I am sorry your return was during this mess.

PorterATL

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hah, thats cool. Thanks for the response.

It seems rather unprecedented for this to happen, but awfully coincidental for this stuff to pile up so quickly on my return. Wasn't sure if it was happening with frequency or not.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hah, thats cool. Thanks for the response.

It seems rather unprecedented for this to happen, but awfully coincidental for this stuff to pile up so quickly on my return. Wasn't sure if it was happening with frequency or not.
GO AWAY THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT THEN!!!! THE TIME IS JUST TOO COINCIDENTAL!!!! YOU CAUSED THE REVERT!!!

im just kidding, no this is not the norm, its just insanely unfortunate. Welcome back though, we can redo our past two weeks together lol.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damnit, Cetric beat me to it. There is still a house bug, don't customize your house.