• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beetle + mare or bake

• Thread starter Goodoljoe
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Goodoljoe

Hello,I have been using the rune beetle + mare combo which is
quite effective as it can dish out tremendous amounts of damage.I
stumbled upon a real nice Bake Kitsune other day,which is not trained atm.
But by judging by resists and overall HP they are much more resillient than your
average mare.You cannot ride with that combo but im not really bothered,does
anyone use a beetle bake combo who can share their opinions if they find it more
powerful? The bake has no firebreathe but seems to hit like a machinegun and seems
to cast just as often if not more than a mare.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main bake (Aewin) can tank pretty much anything that I can find. In fact, she can tank things that some greater dragons have trouble with. She hits hard and fast and beats my mare (Fiona) in every important way except for one.

You can't ride a fox.

That, actually, is a pretty big deal in some cases, but completely trivial in others. For example, my fox is better than my mare in Mel since there's nowhere to run to, but I prefer my mare to my fox in places like the Labyrinth or Doom because you can pull the mare out of a troublesome situation more easily (and just focus on healing one pet).

I've always been of the opinion that any given group only needs to bring one greater dragon to the party, and every additional pet should focus on dishing out as much damage as possible. So I bring my beetle/bake (most of the time) and most of the others who don't bring dragons brings their dread horse/nightmare combo.

Anyhow, take them both out for a spin, see which one you like more. It comes down to personal preference.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

for tamer groups ya 1 greater dragon but also, you NEED 1-2 beetles as well
the amror corrupt makes everyone do more damage

as for mare vs kitsune it depends on what your after

The nightmare is ridable
the kitsune has better defense

they do about the same damage i think mare might be higher

For me, im a paladin tamer, with swordsmanship so it is benificial for the to have a mount since i often fight myself

sometimes ill ride a mount and use one 3-4 slot pet, but if im using a beetle or a wyrm, then why ride a 1 slot pet? might as well make it a mare

sometime ill ride an ostard and use a cue or hiryu also

and finaly unicorn/kirin

if your a mage mounts are less important, same with archer, but if your any fighting class you should ride a mount even if your a tamer.

unicorns and kirins can help you in combat, even if it is minimal, plus they are cool.

i like the white wyrm unicorn combo for swords tamer

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kits laugh, Mares don't.
Nuff said
/QFT :D

Much as my old tamer still uses her mares, the young girls all love their kits more.

Still waiting for a giggle after a player is eaten, but I'm sure it'll happen ;)

Wenchy

R

RichDC

Bakes are better in every way...except one, they arent a mount.

Other than that they have,

Higher hp
Higher Mana
Higher Dex
Higher resistances...oh and Rage

Basically, try to take down an untamed GD with a mare...now do the same thing with a nice bake (not braggin but mine is 350hp 425 mana 58/89/57/56/54 almost 7xgm)

You can do it with the bake...not a hope in hell on a mare!

U

uoBuoY

/QFT :D

Still waiting for a giggle after a player is eaten, but I'm sure it'll happen ;)

Wenchy
They laughed at me before I figured out it's not a good idea to have 3 Kits simultaneously target your Tamer!

My advise: tread softly in them Kitsune Woods!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL aye.

And when you think it's a wandering healer you stopped beside to heal up, remember that it's actually a polymorphed kitsune and he's still angry about that ebolt....

I learned that lesson pretty quickly :D

Wenchy

U

uoBuoY

LOL aye.

And when you think it's a wandering healer you stopped beside to heal up, remember that it's actually a polymorphed kitsune and he's still angry about that ebolt....

I learned that lesson pretty quickly :D

Wenchy
Made me spit my martini on my keyboard!
And reminded me of when I first started UO 8 yrs ago. My friend who brought me into the game, told me about "reds" and for months whenever I saw a red Healer in Tram, I would run for like 10 minutes to make sure I wasn't gonna be killed. I missed the point about "Fel"! Ah the good old days