• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been way for a while, a few questions

B

Baghdaddy1

What happened to deathstrike??? I see that 120 ninjitsu does not deliver deathstrikes in the 35 dmg range but rather 8-12!!! Wow, when and why did this happen. Now, the only thing that I see ninjitsu helpful for in pvp is animal form and that is solely to escape dismounted ganks which even that is not worth sacrificing skill points.

Is it possible to raise the karma of a murderer to say glorious lord? I've never tried to find out but was wanting one of my reds to have chiv (ironic, i know) and i know that power of chiv spells is tied to karma.

Thanks

G

Gwendar-SP

Is it possible to raise the karma of a murderer to say glorious lord? I've never tried to find out but was wanting one of my reds to have chiv (ironic, i know) and i know that power of chiv spells is tied to karma.
Sure is - just unlock your karma and go hunting. I have known reds who use chiv and work to keep their karma high.

B

Baghdaddy1

Thanks! I was doing ice fiends earlier to the point where i was gaining "a little bit of karma" and my title was simply "Lord". It seemed like I was not going to go any higher.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I never got past neutral karma on my red when he had chiv. People often say you can but I've never seen it.

Deathstrike damage is now tied to hiding/stealth.

Ninjitsu is still highly viable depending on how your playing it. Mirror images, ranged dp, if your using bandages to heal with frog/serpent form vs dexxers, the regens from cat/dog/ki rin etc.

G

Gwendar-SP

Thanks! I was doing ice fiends earlier to the point where i was gaining "a little bit of karma" and my title was simply "Lord". It seemed like I was not going to go any higher.
A little karma or fame? They are two different things. Did you unlock your karma? You need to do this at a shrine. I think Ember the fire dragon up on Dagger Island can do it also - not sure.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe that you are incorrect there Lord GOD(GOD) (oooo look at me telling God he's not right!.... it's a sin strike me down with lightning!)...... er..... anyway DeathStrike is tied to your ability to use Tracking..... If you have GM tracking you will do 35 damage ...... Otherwise you will not..... This I am sure of.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To do high damange deathstrikes you need Hiding and Stealth....Its a ninja ability that needs to be in a ninja template..or so im told.

Me, it ruined my main pvp char.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I believe that you are incorrect there Lord GOD(GOD) (oooo look at me telling God he's not right!.... it's a sin strike me down with lightning!)...... er..... anyway DeathStrike is tied to your ability to use Tracking..... If you have GM tracking you will do 35 damage ...... Otherwise you will not..... This I am sure of.
Hehe, nah tracking gives a bonus as it always has but they made a requirement that the average of your hiding/stealth (don't know the exact calculations) is needed for death strike to do what it used to.

They did this because everyone was using it in pvp.

This was done in Publish 46 found here: http://update.uo.com/design_569.html
Usually known as 'the pvp fix' publish.

Specifically:
Death Strike will now cause 50% less damage when using a ranged weapon.
Death Strike damage cap lowered from 70 to 60.
Death Strike damage now scales based on the average of Hiding/Stealth from 30% to 100% of normal damage.

L

Lord Drakelord

A little karma or fame? They are two different things. Did you unlock your karma? You need to do this at a shrine. I think Ember the fire dragon up on Dagger Island can do it also - not sure.

Is that a Siege only thing, I never heard of Ember the fire dragon on Sonoma? Is it inside the Dungeon on Dagger? Can we fine it on TC also?

G

gmcbroom

So, Let me get this straight.

DeathStrike is tied to Hiding, Stealth, and Tracking?

My Ninja is at 68.0 and I was going to max it at 120 but is it worth it?
My Hiding is 100 and Stealth is 80 both are locked. Do they need to go higher? I was only going to put 20 points into Tracking in order to hunt people and monsters. But How high does it need to go to make Deathstrike effective?

I'm totally confused.