• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been almost 10 years since!

• Thread starter Lord Exmortis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
L

Lord Exmortis

Hello Folks,

I am wondering if some of my old friends are still playing? My character name was Exmortis and I owned "The Great White North" Rares Museum on Ice Island (Had the 2 talking covetous statues over the front door) between 2000-2002....actually my real life wife (Opal Laur) who was the co-founder of The Travel Lodge Tower is thinking of coming back as well pending what the state of the game and server is right now.

Cheers,

Ex

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The name does ring a bell. Welcome back!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cats is still pretty busy. They say we're only a mid population shard, but I don't know if I believe that. I never fail to see people out and about when I'm playing. The server is still in good shape.

State of the game varies depending on who you ask. There's still the sky is falling crowd who like to complain because happiness gives them a headache I guess. They have been playing the same old doom and gloom record since roughly '98, I don't pay them much mind. I still enjoy playing, I'm having just as much fun as I ever did in my UO career (I've been playing on and off since 2000).

Best advice I could offer is to spend 15 bucks and give it a shot for a month. Even if you only play for 1 hour a day for the month, it's still cheaper than going to the movies twice (or just once if you get popcorn and a drink).

L

Lord Exmortis

I started a trial character (Dehlic) to check it out myself and already have met some nice people...so a good start so far.

I am not sure Zuckuss if we have met before on Catskills it was long ago and remembering names is not a class I passed hehe..I was a Stratics Reporter on Sonoma and a Stratics Moderator under the name "Lord Exmortis" back in 03-04.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back!

Please feel free to reach out via any contact method of your preference found on my signature, I'd be more than happy to help in any way I can! :)

L

Lord Exmortis

Thank you for the offer I may need it ;) I am sure I sold all the server births I had but I may still be wearing my Phoenix armor set and riding my 1st gen nightmare (I hope) but probably don't have a penny to my name. I guess the gold sinks didn't work because items are going for insane prices now.

FisherNap

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Folks,

I am wondering if some of my old friends are still playing? My character name was Exmortis and I owned "The Great White North" Rares Museum on Ice Island (Had the 2 talking covetous statues over the front door) between 2000-2002....actually my real life wife (Opal Laur) who was the co-founder of The Travel Lodge Tower is thinking of coming back as well pending what the state of the game and server is right now.

Cheers,

Ex
Ello!

I haven't played in years but I check the boards every now and then. I certainly remember you and your fantastic museum. Your collection was the envy of the shard. It was an interesting time when we were active on Catskills. Since that time I've lived in 5 countries and added a few professional titles to my name, and though I did check out Catskills a few times during the "return to britannia" weeks, I could not find the time to again be an active player.

It's nice to see the Catskills community is still alive and perhaps one day I will rejoin.

Wyatt/FisherNap of Catskills, retired

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Folks,

Cheers,

Ex
I defiantly recall your place on Ice Isle. I used to spend a lot of time wandering around there.

Welcome back to UO, I hope you brought cookies.