• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been a while.. looking for some info

Hello All!

Just returning after a decade hiatus so looking forward to a lesson in "modern" uo!

I've ground out 2 chars so far and looking for general advice on next steps and/or mods that maybe i should make to make these 2 starting chars more enjoyable.

I have a GM swordsman and another GM smithy.

Even with a decent 6 piece armor set and soul seeker that some random was too generous to give me, i feel i need to either get my resist capped or modify the build to something maybe a bit more useful (pvm is all i care about)? Maybe i just need to grind out lich's for the resist that'll make this build a bit more substantial in shame lvl's, maybe not?

Onto the smith.. what's actually selling these days if anything? How can i make some decent gold off of this (maybe imbuing or add something else)?

So much has changed since i last wandered these plains in search of comradery and a sense of purpose.

Any and all feedback is welcomed. I'd love nothing more than to find a group to learn from (and help out if i can in any way) along the way.

Thanks,

swordsman: crabonroids
smithy: craboningots

Jack Daniels

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You may want to look into joining the UWF guild or HHYC guild, both welcome new and returning players, with plenty of helpful and experienced players. I'm sure one of them would be more than happy to help you

Ossy

Adventurer
I'm in the same boat you are. Been almost 10 years since really played (except for a brief couple months a couple years ago) and it's a totally different game.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Welcome back!! Lots of changes, but don't let all the new things get you overwhelmed. What are you looking to fight?

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Welcome back! I play on Atlantic and if either of you need any start up items or just basic help let me know. I'm always willing to run with new players and help out. I play after 10 pm est usually and run until 1 or 2 am.

As a suggestion, I'd also read up on the most recent couple patches to being with just so you can see what is current in the game. Also read up on the weapon changes and current templates so you can get a feel for where you want your characters to go.

Feel free to send me a pm.

Ultima Store

Visitor
Any and all feedback is welcomed. I'd love nothing more than to find a group to learn from (and help out if i can in any way) along the way.
Just join some friendly, responsive and helpful guild!
Dont try to self study all UO innovations, You'll quit soon=)