• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been a looong while, Baja player here... accounts almost 20 !

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last played I want to guess 5 years ago, maybe longer. Account will be 20yrs on 2/8/2020 !

But it seems everything is still there except for one character. Not knowing when it was deleted or why, maybe I did it accidentally some time ago. I honestly don't recall.

As much of a long shot in hell as it is.

I know it doesn't hurt to try, but what are my chances of Broadsword having a "copy / list" of the character in question somewhere that can be partially, if not fully restored ?

Was feeling a bit nostalgic and wanted to check things out and found out about EJ, but I am considering returning as a paid customer to unlock my Bank, get a home etc.

That being said, this missing character in question would have had a majority of my gold since my other characters have nothing. It just kind of sucks right now because it seems I am now "broke". So even if I do come back paid, I have no way to get a house and empty my banks etc.

A lot of what's carried I can't play and regrind with, let alone know how long it would take me just to get funds saved for an 18x18 let alone a keep, tower... never really fancied a castle as nice as they can be.

Ty.

Also, I know most shards are relatively dead except for the Japanese ones.

Baja, I saw like 3 people in / around Luna while logging into my characters to see whats what...

Sincerely, The Miner, Drako, Jonathan Longbow & Leviathan Killer (MIA: John Roxxton) of Baja

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did you check all the shards for this character? Are you sure you didn't transfer it at some point?

As for money that's all been converted now so all your characters have all your money now... Money is now more "etherial" and when you go to the bank you will find no actual gold it's all lumped together. You can check it by saying "Balance" at the bank.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Chances are one of your characters have shard shields stashed in the bank. The EA/BS may be able to retrieve Roxxton, where chances are the shields may be in the bank account. Would ask the admins to see if they can retrieve him, so that if they do so then tell them that you will subscribe..as an incentive to look into it. If you get the characters back and shard shields, then you may have a choice as to where you want to be. ATL is the busiest, lots of nice people there and some not so nice, just like RL. No idea about the Japanese shards, but GL is a little busy, and few more shards. Not dead completely. At least due to the 20 year old acct you will have some choices.
Welcome back to the game either way, hope you sub. that way you get most benefits such as house boat, more content etc.
There is gold to be made nowdays also. Not too hard to make enough for a house, depending on time constraints.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Gold is X-account now. The character you think has all your gold does not. All characters on that account has access to all your gold. A much welcome change that was made a long time ago.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Times whatever, not so much an issue for when / if I could play. As for the "shields", the quick look I did on the 4 characters there. Didn't see anything relatively new so to speak so I'm guess I wont have any shards. Which are what by the way ? New style of xfer token ?

Which if I did, transfer, after spending 5 mins back here on Stratics, almost makes me want to give an emphatic hell no to Atl.

If I sub, I don't want a game where its mostly bank sitters / macroers and the UO elite who have money to burn and as someone put it. Don't care to much for the game and use Atl as there summer idgaf vacation spot.

So if I sub, I'm either going to stick with Baja which honestly does seem deader than a doorknob right now, ya I know. Just could be that time of day. Or try to figure out a shard that has an actual... I give a damn players on it.

Wouldn't have to be a busy one. Just a "nice" one. But if I do sub and xfer, what do the transfer tokens even cost now a days. If I recall. Didn't they at one point cost like $20 a pop ? So lets say I sub & Roxxton's a loss. That's $80 right there on top of the initial I think it was, $12.99 for a single month.

As for "balance" being that's the case, that explains the "new" screen and suggests I'm flat ass broke but maybe the 6k coins "pile" still on the 4 characters I do have.

As for possibly transferring Roxxton to a diff server. Unlikely, but broadsword I suppose could help figure that out for me as well. Waiting on a reply back now. As it stands, I may return with a current 60% certainty, but that becomes a soft 100% if they can figure out that characters possible location / resurrection.

Also, it hasn't been paid for 20. But how does my account age give me choices that, AFAIK, I've always had ?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or try to figure out a shard that has an actual... I give a damn players on it.
Welcome to beautiful and luxurious Siege Perilous. No need to worry about transfers, bank sitters, scripters, or gold. The economy isn't totally borked and our friendly NEW guild will get you set up with whatever you need to get started. I think you'll love it.

Turkish

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Baja has been pretty slow during the summer. Once winter sets in, I know I am playing a lot more. You'll likely find some people to help you with gold and useful items on Baja as well. If you ask on general chat, somebody will usually help out.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For right now, even if I do come back. I would if nothing else. Have to give Baja a fair shake for a bit (thinking at least a solid billing month) to check it out as that is the primordial ooze for where I was born so to speak on 2/8/00.

I also know how some shards die down due to the season. But I still would love some form of interaction all year, if I come back, most likely will. Which right now, a decent case seems to have been made for SP.

But the flip side being, even now, paid or not. I can still make "run around I don't care if I die" characters to check out other shards like SP, but ATL is def a no go from what I read here. I mean I can deal with idiots, but I can also mouth off to the point of getting banned for 30 days if I'm constantly bombarded with it LMAO

Ok, that's probably exaggerating but you get my point lol... Just don't want to deal with it if I don't have to, even though yes. I know "those" people exist on all shards in one form or another.

But if I do come back and end up swapping shards. I still need to look into what that will cost for 5 characters, 4 assuming Roxxton is lost for good. Which I'm praying hes not, even truth be told I don't remember what his skill sets were.

I oddly enough remembered him because back when I was a heavy player. I saved my desktop files so my spell organization etc was still there and how I like it, like it is now for the four chars I do still have. I knew I was missing a character when I logged and saw only 4. Just couldn't recall the name of the other one at the time.

But ya, pays to save files but honestly surprised I still had them lol

Although I did find an old email from 2016 I never heard back on where I mentioned Roxxton to BS. But not about him missing, about getting back into my account which honestly was an old billing block from EA they removed. Hence me being like wtf is going on today with my characters. But other than that, everything else seems intact (dye tubs etc in bank, other things I could remember that I didn't sell when I left originally) including my Tamer, I think it was, with all his stabled pets which should include a nice WW. Everyone else either had a bonded horse or an Eth mount of some sort (clean stables).

So if nothing else, for rn. I'm going to stay the course and wait to hear back from broadsword. I mean good or bad news, even if I do come back. Probably wont be before Nov. / late Oct.

Today was more, me logging in to see what was what.

I may dabble a bit later tonight just to do a full inventory even though I cant get into the bank to do too much. I mean I can inventory it, but not chests / pouches it seems. Tried to click some earlier and they wouldn't open. I mean I know I can't add or remove stuff til its a paid account again. But thought I could at least access bags, chests etc within the bank.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also just remember that SP might be transfer locked, and if it is. Then ATL & SP is off the table for me seeing as how I would want to keep my existing guys if I come back. Even if Roxxton is a complete loss.

I mean hell, if I come back which I'm sure I will. I'm not starting over lol

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I also just remember that SP might be transfer locked, and if it is. Then ATL & SP is off the table for me seeing as how I would want to keep my existing guys if I come back. Even if Roxxton is a complete loss.

I mean hell, if I come back which I'm sure I will. I'm not starting over lol
Ya u can't xfer to SP. Lots of people play multiple shards now, there are annoying people on every shard. I play mainly atl now because it literally has everything you need. The game is much different (still enjoyable IMO), but lots of people run multiple accts at once now which kind of bums me out. I have a crappy pc, no coding skills and I lag, so it can be rough at times. Just my advice, do what you enjoy on uo. Don't get caught up in getting rich, just play the way you like. Goodluck and welcome back.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya u can't xfer to SP. Lots of people play multiple shards now, there are annoying people on every shard. I play mainly atl now because it literally has everything you need. The game is much different (still enjoyable IMO), but lots of people run multiple accts at once now which kind of bums me out. I have a crappy pc, no coding skills and I lag, so it can be rough at times. Just my advice, do what you enjoy on uo. Don't get caught up in getting rich, just play the way you like. Goodluck and welcome back.
Being rich is nice LMAO

But was never really my thing, same with multi shard / server play. Just never really appealed to me (Like with WoW, I ALWAYS stuck to Blackwing Lair). I play to play but at the same time I do like to enjoy myself, in fact it was a HS TA in the late 90's that got me into this but before that Underlight, in a manner of speaking. I guess before knocking it based on what I read, I should if nothing else give ATL a fair shake, same as that guy people say, oh don't talk to him. Sometimes people / servers just need a chance, even though the masses do seem to speak to ATL being ehh.

But based on current knowledge from all reading. Including ATL, what would be the, I guess lets say top 7 (wanted to say 10 but took a "middle" ground) shards based on a good player base where somethings usually happening even if not like the good ol days at Tram bank before everyone went to Luna as the IT spot which.

Not looking for a bunch of hype. Just as I think I previously said, if I come back and switch.

I'd want a semi active shard. I mean I'm sure Baja is still nice, and I will give it time to "play out" to see what happens. I just don't want to switch and be like well ****, that's money down the drain.

Because I'd switch maybe twice before being like F this and just wiping my hands for good.

Money don't necessarily grow on trees and I'd have to pull a miracle out of my a** just to switch 5 (possibly 4) characters just once.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Being rich is nice LMAO

But was never really my thing, same with multi shard / server play. Just never really appealed to me (Like with WoW, I ALWAYS stuck to Blackwing Lair). I play to play but at the same time I do like to enjoy myself, in fact it was a HS TA in the late 90's that got me into this but before that Underlight, in a manner of speaking. I guess before knocking it based on what I read, I should if nothing else give ATL a fair shake, same as that guy people say, oh don't talk to him. Sometimes people / servers just need a chance, even though the masses do seem to speak to ATL being ehh.

But based on current knowledge from all reading. Including ATL, what would be the, I guess lets say top 7 (wanted to say 10 but took a "middle" ground) shards based on a good player base where somethings usually happening even if not like the good ol days at Tram bank before everyone went to Luna as the IT spot which.

Not looking for a bunch of hype. Just as I think I previously said, if I come back and switch.

I'd want a semi active shard. I mean I'm sure Baja is still nice, and I will give it time to "play out" to see what happens. I just don't want to switch and be like well ****, that's money down the drain.

Because I'd switch maybe twice before being like F this and just wiping my hands for good.

Money don't necessarily grow on trees and I'd have to pull a miracle out of my a** just to switch 5 (possibly 4) characters just once.
Almost every other shard is more community based, so maybe 10 small-medium sized guilds. Very friendly and helpful but low on pvp and sometimes items are hard to come bye. Some shards u can place a house inside Luna walls. BTW if your account has 20 years I think u can get vet rewards to transfer everything (look up shard shields). They give a token 1x a month. So if you're a pvper I'd say atl, there are some big fights. If your looking to interact with a few dozen players on a daily basis go to a smaller shard. If you're looking to play with several hundred go to atl. I can't comment on SP because I don't play it but I hear it's really fun, community and pvp based. It's just a harder place to play solo IMO :)

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost every other shard is more community based, so maybe 10 small-medium sized guilds. Very friendly and helpful but low on pvp and sometimes items are hard to come bye. Some shards u can place a house inside Luna walls. BTW if your account has 20 years I think u can get vet rewards to transfer everything (look up shard shields). They give a token 1x a month. So if you're a pvper I'd say atl, there are some big fights. If your looking to interact with a few dozen players on a daily basis go to a smaller shard. If you're looking to play with several hundred go to atl. I can't comment on SP because I don't play it but I hear it's really fun, community and pvp based. It's just a harder place to play solo IMO :)
PVP was never my deal, but I have participated.

So it would be more PVM (not hardcoded PVM, I mean I'd still possibly PVP from time to time but don't want it ALL the time "fel rules 24/7") with player interactions. Not so much all the time but nice to be there if the interactions are needed regardless of the reason.

I also have no rewards to claim currently "no gump to speak of" and don't think I will before Feb 8th even if I reopen the account which I think for a significantly long closed one. Has to be active for at least 60 days or something prior to a "birthday" for the rewards panel to even show.

Even then, I don't know how many choices I would have available to me if and when that gump popped up. But if it cycles back to some respect giving me one for years missed, then I should have probably . BI'm guessing around 8 to 10 avail choices. But thinking more like MAYBE 1. But again, don't think I'd get the gump before feb 8th and not sure if I would get it at all bec I forgot how that system works for previously closed accounts etc.

Now that I'm thinking about it and Broadsword could confirm for me. But I don't think I've played this game / been a paying member for at least 8 years. So before this whole EJ stuff etc.

But right now thinking if I come back and can transfer, maybe GL. Still looking for people to chime in on my previous query.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
F ME !

So I was looking at my old files from saved desktops, spell alignments etc. I noticed an ATL file. Looked in it and noticed Roxxton (same name) was there. Was like could it be !!!

Logged in and I'll be damned if it wasn't him (it was) along with no money in the bank to speak of but a 200k check on his person AND some other stuff but here's the freaking kicker. I thought I sold them all before I quit some years back but over 40 OLD SCHOOL potted plants for a very specific 18x18 layout I use to run.

Im a fat kid in a F*****G candy store right now !!!

I mean of all the characters I had / have... this one just made my mf'n year !!!

I'm so coming back now lol... but def not gonna stay on ATL with him. Not sure why here's here but I think it may have been to possibly buy some of these plants. But bec he is currently here on ATL... Im gonna stick around for a few just in case I see a good deal up until I decide if I want to stay on Baja or move all to another shard like GL.

Wish I could get into pouches to check contents... but just these two screens alone are just.... like im f*****g speechless right now !!!

OMFG, I apparently overlooked the 9.5mil !!!

I think I just c... well never mind what I think I just did LMAO

F me again... and going through some bags. Another 90mil in checks !

Not doing nothing tonight bec this high I'm on will be the ruin of me if I play lol

But def gonna check ATL out before splitting.

Sad thing is. can't / probably wont be able to reactivate my account before next month / late this month.

Did notice the checks are labeled shard bound. If / when I reactivate, will putting thm into the banking system mean the money can then go with the character ? As far as I can tell, nothing on Roxxton or in his bank is labeled shard bound but the checks.

I mean if I lose that I guess as much as it will suck not be the end of the world. Or I go on a shopping spree before jumping ship because I still have the 9.5mil converted funds in the bank.

Also, can someone explain all this transfer talk on the bank screen please ?

Ty !

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to my last reply which still has me smiling ear to ear, anyway to get the old bank gump back and not this itemized THING ?

Same for all bags, chests and boxes which I assume are like this.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats EJ bank. So it will go away. Unless EC looks like that. Can get bigger picture and large container gumps in CC now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When you leave atl put the checks in the bank they will then be deposited in your account then remember to put that money in your transfer account so it goes with you to the shard you are going to...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Atlantic has a lot of players doing the High Seas content right now. Easy to find a group.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so thats an EJ gump lol... Thx.

Probably cant reactivate for a little while. But good to know I don't have to keep that eyesore of a gump.

Also figuring out some of the transfer stuff. But at least for right now I'm content knowing I still have all this and then some.

But ya, before bouncing whenever that is. I might have a sm shopping spree to see what else I may want to get. Don't think I'll need or want more plants but I imagine that over the years. They've gone significantly up in price meaning I could probably blow all the coin I have on maybe 3 lol

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Managed to turn on my account tonight. Logged in to Roxxton on ATL because I wanted to research some things.

I know the economy has been borked for YEARS... but is everything on most every shard 100mil this 50 mil that now ?

Also, whats with these new housing styles upwards of 20mil etc LMAO

Oh ya, and bec I was bored and curious, have since logged and will be GLAD when I can afford a xfer come feb when I get the birthday gump to gtfo off of ATL.

I know it will vary by shard, but if these new ****ty looking potted plants avg 250 / 500k, again knowing this will vary by shard.

What do the OLD ones, like seen above in my one reply avg in price ?

Not looking to sell what I have now but possibly get a few more. I think back when I paid on avg "Looked in an old in game log book"...

Between 650k to 1mil per for the Lg. Trees
Between 840k to 1mil per the Lg. "Purple" Flower Pots
Between 700k to 1mil per the Sm. "Yellow" Flower Pots