• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been a couple months so wanted to catch up on Forgotten Treasures

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've been pretty busy outside of UO the past couple months (and wasn't exactly sucked in by the Treasure Hunting release) so I've spent very little time keeping up on the aftermath of the treasure hunting release (from June) or the upcoming release for Sept.

I did actually do a bunch of reading through various post to try to see what I've missed and I was surprised that I really didn't see a whole lot; especially with regards to the questions I had. That being the case I wanted to see if I could get some feedback (without whining please!).

1) I posted a couple months back how I was getting Major Artifacts that were as good if not better than the Legendary ones I was getting. I was also getting mods like "mystic" and "arcane" from warriors chest. Has the legendary loot in treasure chests received any additional "bumps" in intensity to give more maxed mods or make them a better combo of mods to actually be usable?

2) There was a bunch of stuff out there about the fellowship and people were getting drops from them but they didn't do anything. In addition there were those mysterious fragments. Has there been any word on what the items from the fellowship are used for or what the mysterious fragments are used for? I'd much rather use my cargo crates for more slugs as opposed to useless decorations (fellowship coins) and I've collected a ton of those fragments which are taking up 100+ lockdowns in my house (hoping to have a use for them or trash them).

3) I feel like one of the reasons I ended up taking a break from T-Hunting was because I thought it was ridiculous that at GM RT I was still being blown up on cache chests (seemingly the same amount as people without GM RT). Have there been any tweaks to RT so that having GM RT actually allows you to fail less; aka has anyone determined if remove trap (GM) actually has a statistical benefit?

I'm still reading up on the new content but hope to get some testing done on TC to conjure up some more questions!

Thanks all!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm still waiting for evidence of GM RT blowing people up from cache maps..... It almost never occurs when I do them. :p

But, seriously. It appears that the chance of getting spawn while doing RT is based on how long the "spawn timer" is for the chest level.

If you kill the Guardian spawn too quickly, you will get ancient guardians most RT checks while that timer is still active.

You can effectively wait out the timer, then use RT, and not get any (or at most 1) spawn. I don't TRY to wait it out, but the initial guardian spawn plays a major factor.

For example - my pet (AI/RC/Poison giant beetle) has a hard time killing Ogre Lords (cache) and Dragon types (Hoard/Trove, Greater Dragons and Frost Dragons - AWs are relatively easy, unless mixed with these).

If my map does not have any of these, I get the spawn killed quickly, and when I use RT, I get several Ancient guardians, because the chest's timer is still running.

However, if I get 1 of them, I end up fighting longer, and will get 0 or 1 Ancient guardians.

2 or more of the hard-to-kill pests, it might take 5 minutes to kill everything (in a case where I got 4 big dragons, closer to 10 minutes) - after which, I often have NO ancient guardians, as the timer has ran out LONG before I got back to the chest, from the length of the initial guardian fight.

That's not counting delays from chests being on shorelines, and a spawn trapping itself over water (where you can't get to it, but it can cold wind you and breathe on you if you get near the chest, even if it technically doesn't count as (guardian) because it's a tamable (and if it is (guardian), it has to be killed). I've had to start carrying a rowboat with me, to board my pet and take it under nasty surprises like that to kill them, just to be able to get the chest to where it can be manipulated.

So, my advice is Slow Down. The faster you blow through the regular guardians, the more likely you'll get ancient guardians during RT - even at GM.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dis place didn't get the moniker of "You-Howl!" way back when fer nuttin'! ;):)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the feedback @Basara !

Anyone have any experience with the other items (Legendary item quality & Fellowship items)?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Thanks for the feedback @Basara !

Anyone have any experience with the other items (Legendary item quality & Fellowship items)?
we won't know about fellowship coins or mysterious fragments until Pub 106 goes to Baja, Izumo & Origin on the 10th.
then it will be worldwide on the 17th.

There was supposed to have been a 3rd release to TC, but they changed their minds about it.
everything to be tested is on TC now