• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beef Up Golems Idea.

G

Yet ANOTHER thing the Dev's could add to their long list of "Things To Do". While reading a post about how Stables Slots should be increased, i got a few ideas on how Golems could be made useful again, and not just known as "Practice Dummies". I'll also implement some Golem ideas i had awhile back during the Magincia Invasion. To save me some time, i'll Copy and Paste some of the Golem ideas.

I would like Golems to be beefed up enough to warrant the 3 Control Slots, like give them Crushing Blow and Concussion Blow, raise their' STR/Health, Physical and Fire Resist, and Base Damage. Make them "Bondable" somehow too.

Thought of a way to make them "Bondable", but not in the traditional sense. If your Golem dies, it will have a "Golem Brain Core" on it's corpse that you can loot and use on another Tinkered Golem of your's, and it gives it the Skills of the old Golem, but not the Stats/Resists. It would have the same Skills as the old Golem because you replaced the "Brain Core", but have different Stats/Resists because it's a different body. That way if you had a high-end Stat/Resist Golem that died, you wouldn't be able to immediately replace it with a good one, you would have to go through the process of tinkering up another good Stat/Resist one if you wanted to have a good fighting one, which would probably take several attempts. Unless you already have a High Stat/Resist Golem sitting in the Stables.

Between a combination of more Stables Slots for everyone and this, i could imagine a Tinker having multiple High Stat/Resist Golems sitting in the Stables waiting for when the Trained Golem dies, so the Tinker has "Replacement Shells" awaiting a Brain Core.

Armslore could boost their Stats/Resists/Skills when being crafted as well. Plus Armslore could be used to Lore Golems.

Since Gargoyles are the Masters of Golemcraft, and SA will introduce Gargoyles as a playable race, i wouldn't mind seeing a new type of Craftable Golem, a Blackrock Golem. Blackrock Golems would have High STR/Health (500 STR and 400+ Health?) and Base Damage, and 60-80 in every Resist (Except for Energy, considering Blackrock reacts violently to Electricity). Give them Crushing Blow/Concussion Blow as well. Skill requirements would be GM Tinkering/GM Carpentry with Masonry book used. Resource Requirement could be 30 Pieces of Blackrock along with a Power Crystal, Clockwork Assembly and a large amount of Ingots (500+) to craft, and have a High Failure Rate. They would have drawbacks however, such as requiring twice as many ingots to heal or only be healed half as much as normal Golems are. GM Tinkering could be required to own/control Blackrock Golems, but not normal Golems. Would love to be able to mine up Val Ore Eles and have a Blackrock Golem beat it's ass into the ground.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could just make them eat ingots then they would bond. Let them be crafted out of different type of ingots for different resists and damage. Make them use the owners mana like they used to. Dead golems would need to have a new power crystal installed by a Tink.

G

I have always championed the UNNERFING of the gm tinkered pet golems. *and let em bond* they ARE our pets afterall !

They seem to toss in super dragons, rune beetles, pup doggies, repatalons and now supra dragons and other one hit wonder pets 'for tamers' and they seldom nerf those all to hell, but heaven forbid a crafter can make a pet and it is shouted tauted as *unbalanced imbalance nerf em all to hell* so they nerf OURS but seldom seem to nerf tamers mega one hit wonder killaz.

Golems been sad and sorrowful ever since they were so biasedly nerfed up...GIVE EM BACK THEIR digntity, respect and powers !! LONG LIVE Iron Butterfly, TinkerToy, Inagotadavida and the other pet golems UNNERF EM and let em bond restoreth their dignity and their equal rights !

They are pets too, equality for TINKERERS' PETS I SAY !!! Equal rights for our beloved tinkered pets !!! GOLEMS' RIGHTS & DIGNITY, it must be restored to em !!

* course I been saying all that for yrs now feels ignored as her lil snuggie stuffy huge pet golems whom have had deflated egos and identity crisises, since their nerfings*

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hear! Hear! I agree with you on this. Considering the history of the use of machines in these lands (Exodous Minions/Overseers) it seems that the crafters would devise machines for their own protection while mining and traveling.

Since Golems dont bond a gate is needed to take them along. Does a Miner/Mage really make sense?

Golems should be powerful enough to protect their masters from the various elementals that spawn in the mines. Or, perhaps tinkers should be given other options for creature creation?

Imagine a Tinkers Rebellion where an army of Golems and Exodous Minions are unleashed on Sosaria! Woot!

Safe Travels, Sam

L

Lord_Asterix

1) Should have it so you need 100 tinkering for extra bonuses on golems.

2) Leave it how it is now for people with no tinkering, just the weak golems.

3) Add an upkeep (2 days) where you will need a tinker to repair your golem.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

...3) Add an upkeep (2 days) where you will need a tinker to repair your golem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt say what would happen if you didnt do the repairs but I would be opposed to any system like plants.

I wouldn't want my Golems crumbling into dust because I missed UO a couple days in a row. How about you have to repair them after using them to fight? Like weapons? Couple new gears, or a new controller crystal/mechanism if it gets killed?

Safe Travels, Sam