• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Becoming an X-shard Trader Contest

U

UOFree

Several people and traders sometimes wonder how some people can get so many items and sell them at a fair price and still make profit.
Most people just assume its because of the duped items, but its not duped items its actually just because prices are so different on some shards that you can get a lot of good deals.

When I'm trying to build up stock I go to other shards and buy from vendors and players there, over a few days you can build up a large stock for your own shop.
Here are some of the prices that I have gotten items for:

Jackals Collar 1,5m
AoF 3-4m
Blade of Insanity 15K
Ring of Vile 200-400K

And I think it would be fun with a competition for players who might not know so much about trading or have 100-200m just to spend but still wants to become x-shard traders or just to see how it works for one day.
All you have to do is write a reason why YOU should become an x-shard trader

The best 2 reasons gets a guided tour on one of the best shards for stock buying, and will be handed runes for 10 of the best shops. While they will be given 50m each to spend on the shard in one day. All Items they buy will be transfered back to Europa.

Just send your reason why you should be picked to me in the private message.

Competiton ends next tuesday 30th june 20:00 CET

*There might be a chance of some shops does not have the items their normally have when the guided tour will find place*

U

UOFree

Tomorrow the Contest ends and the winners will be announched on Wednesday.

So start sending in last chance.

U

UOFree

No more Entrys to the Contest will be allowed.

Thank you all for your entrys in the X-sHard Contest. The Winners will be announched 1st July 20:00 CET

Kindly,
Free

U

UOFree

So after 84 e-mails, messages or mails there has now been found 2 winners.

It was hard to pick 2 out of all those good reasons there was, but there had to be 2 winners and some did write it very simple, some people tried to bribe and there was someone who wrote this.

"I deserved to win, because im poor and I want to be Rich"
Wont name who that was :)

Well to the winners, the first winner wrote this:

Huuhhhh! What's that! Somebody wants to give me 50 Million to go shopping!!!!

You have this girl's attention.

So, lets see if I got this right...you want to take someone SHOPPING and then you're going to fill their pockets with GOLD to buy shoes and scarves and handbags and bright shiny sparkly rings and.... oh , yeah sis, sorry Free...she said she wants to bring back some arties as well - I guess i could leave a small gap in my suitcase for them.

Sorry sis, me wanting to fill my suitcase with that pretty asian slime cloth isn't good enough eh. Well if we actually had some here I wouldn't have to go now would I !?

But seriously, Free, she is right. The European economy has suffered greatly the last couple of years. Traders are leaving us, the once great Hemispheres shop gone many moons ago, Umbra Road in a steady state of decline despite the efforts of it's traders, long standing country shops now closed and fallen, the same few faces at auctions each week and the same goods in overpriced Luna. It really is a sad state of affairs at the moment.

We need a new pair of eyes to bring back fresh, new merchandise to our tired little towns, someone skilled at trading, someone who shares a good rapport with their customers, someone trustworthy who has done many thousands of trades and can recognise a bargain when she sees them. Free,

..... I ,Melissa, am that bargain shopper.....

I would relish the opportunity to bring back the unusual and exotic to this little shard I love. Something unusual for my customers, something to spark interest again. Let's try to make this shard someplace trader's will want to come again.

I think that's all for now. I'll just go pack a small suitcase and ready a very large empty one in case I'm picked.
Toodles,
Melissa

We like to see people do something out of it and put in some time and add some details on why they should win. And that was a great example on how to do it a bit funny and still able to give a good reason.

2nd Winner:

Once apon a time there was this young trader who wanted to become an X-shard trader, but it was not easy since she was not that rich and had to work a lot. And people just didnt want to sell her cheap items.......
HAHA only joking :)
where do i start hmmmm
well i have been playing ultima for 22 months now (i use to play 10 years ago, but being a 10 year old girl at the time then i never really understood the game)
Now that im that litle bit older i enjoy the game much more and being a stay at home mum means i get as much game time as i want to play and trade my little heart out (depends when i finally fall asleep watching the computer screen)
In the last 22 months i have done some PVM and had a little bash at PVP but i much prefer to Trade
In the small amount of time i have been playing, i have had a couple of shops but could never seem to settle in one place (no where seemed good enough a location to run a shop from) now that i have a shop in a good/well known location (despise supplys) im much more settled and would like to get the shop back up and running to its former glory. i beleive i could really make this work if i could just get the stock to keep it going.
Not only that but i would be able to offer good competitive prices for much needed items on the shard not just from the shop but for making my self well known to other players on the shard and making my self aprochable.
i know that there is plenty of good players on our shard PVP & PVM but sadly they are all slowly either getting bored with the game and leaving or going to other shards.
In doing this they are leaving europa looking like a dead shard.
by bringing more good xshard traders back to our shard i beleive would help in keeping the shard alive and maybe even could result in bringing people back to our shard to rekindle the life of europa.

I have thought about x-shard trading in the past but its just getting enough gold to make traveling to other shards worth my while.
i beleive with a little push in the right direction i could become a good xshard trader who will always be honest with everyone and most importantly be very trust worthy.
i am not looking to gain anything from the game in RL but to gain just in game. i really enjoy playing the game and as i have said above i have ALOT of playing time to make this worth while in you choosing me to become an xshard trader for a day.
if i was to win this contest i would put everything i am taught on my guided tour into good practice and really work hard into making this work.
This is a good chance for me to try something i would really like to do as i have been wanting to do this for months.
Becoming an X-shard trader would mean everything to me as i love to trade in game, i get much more enjoyment from trading than i do from pvm or pvp
i think i have covered everything i wanted to say in my post on what becoming an xshard trader would mean to me
Good luck to everyone else who has a bash at winning this great experience
- Jayne

Like I wrote before there was many good reasons, but those 2 where picked and will be contacted on when, where and how this will be done.

I hope that these 2 players might share some of the things they learn with others or atleast put it to good use to help Europa.

Thank you

Free.

****** Everyone who entered and did not win can write to me on ICQ and will be given a Herritage Token on Monday *******

Congrats to the winners.

U

UOFree

Congrats you two.

Noticed they are both girls though :p
Guess that girls write better than the guys then, from some of the reasons seen guys write more simple things.

But maybe next time it will be 2 guys, do a strongest person contest :p

jayne4scott

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well thats me back from my experiance on the other shard and what a trip it was. i had loads of fun running around the runes i was given buying stuff. our tour guild was very helpfull with little hints and tips on how to find and get stuff cheap here is a little list on the sort of stuff i got with my 50 mil spending money

10 bolts pure white cloth
5 ecru gems
5.7 cooking sot
5.9 provo sot
4 med blue scrolls
1 healing blue scroll
3x 120 parry
2 gauntlets of nobility
12 clothing bless deeds
1 ring of elements
1 pendi of magi
11 soul stone frags
10 heritage tokens
1 primer tali
6 robes of umbra
2 aegis sheild
3 arcane sheilds
3 wooden cows
1 hunters headdress
1 armour of fortune
1 orni
2 mischief makers
1 taskmaster
1 midnight bracers
1 night reaper
1 crown of harrower
1 scepter of the chief
1 haori & nagagi with growing tree project on it
1 serps fang
1 breath of dead
2 berserkers maul

i think thats about it and i dont think i have done too bad for my first time
i will defo be going back as i had SOOOOOOOO much fun

Big Thanks again Free for letting me have this experiance

Jayne xxx

M

Melissa Rohan

Happy 4th July people!

We had a great time running sbout buying stuff, I'll post a full list and piccies Monday as we are off celebrating here in the states. Thanks to all involved in the competition...I'll definately be entering the next one!

Melissa

Some stuff will be going up on my site next week hopefully.

M

Melissa Rohan

Ok so hers a little list of what i acquired from running around!

I tried to stay away from artifacts and the commonly seen items, and tried to grab a variety of good to bring back...eggs in one basket and all that!

So, theres a few arties in thers, powerscrolls, n stuff but heres a full list and a rough value of what I think they're worth on Europa. Few highlights in bold.

01) Over 1200 bolts of rare cloth from the asian shards slime invasion - not the dull colours we were given but fire, poison, energy and cold colours.
02) 20 bolts pure white spider silk cloth.
03) 20 bolts dark shadow thrasher cloth.
04) 120 powerscrolls on Necro, Healing x2, Parry, Anatomy x2, Animal Lore and Meditation.
05) 115 powerscrolls of Resist x2, Eval Int x 1.
06) SOT's Peace 1.0%, Eval Int 1.9%, Poison 0.7%, Healing 0.8%, Spirit Speak 1.0%, Animal Lore 0.9%, Vet 1.8%, Mining 3.2%, Cartography 1.6%, Lockpicking 1.6%, Snooping 1.0%, Mace 0.9%, Anatomy 2.6%, Provo 0.4%.
07) Talisman Inscription 25/27
08) 5 Scourge, 31 Brilliant Amber , 32 Ecru Citrine
09) Heart blackened by Despise x2
10) Pearl Necklace
11) Spirit of the Totem
12) Jackal's Collar x2
13) Hunter's Headress
14) Midnight Bracers
15) Berserkers Bardiche , double slayer 7 property
16) Old bloodied executioners axe
17) Scepter of the Chief
18) The Horselord
19) Magical shortbow, Hit Lightning 42%, Hit Energy Area 46% , SSI 10, FC1, Dam Inc 43 - Fantastic spawn weapon with chain lightning special move as well!
20) Serpents Fang x 4
21) Taskmaster
22) Ethereal Ostard Statuette
23) Tattered Ancient Mummy Wrapping (Replica)
24) A mug of Ale (Gren Mug)
25) Flowerpot (Spiky Cactus)
26) Daemon Blood (from Magincia Invasion)
27) Sword Display (arty 8) x 2
28) An Obsidian Statue of a Valiant Warrior
29) Swamp Tile
30) Tombstone of the Damned, grey style ( one each facing)
31) Small Webs, 2 corner, one spread (REALLY nice design)
32) Deed for a large spiderweb x2
33) 10 Gossamer
34) A Marriage Ring, BLESSED
35) An Albino Squirrel imprissoned in a Crystal x 4
36) A deed for a vendor named Rhiannon 90 stone
37) Dawns Music Box, 34 gears, 3 uncommon gears
38) A chair of exceptional quality
39) Ladder Blessed
40) Shimmering Effusion, Corporeal Brume , Fetid Essence Statuettes
41) Coloured Blacksmith Anvils x6
42) Leurocians Mempo of Fortune!!!!
43) 605 Tailor and Smithy Bods with a combined retail of approximately 40-45mil at current market values

So total guesstimate including the rare items? 140-170m maybe? Berserkers Bardiche was nice, cloth is VERY nice colours, blessed wedding ring, spiderwebs, all good stuff.

I saw loads more stuff but didn't have the time or money to bring more back unfortunatly. Luna was good, the shops we were given runes too were good...but the best bargains were from the shops that i searched for, running over the map, going from place to place - i found some excellent bargains. Would I consider doing this again? Most definately. I would do my research into the target shard first then get some good money together!

Thanks to the organisers for this! I had a blast.

Melissa

Some will be for sale soon at my shop.