• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] [Be careful] The JP shards event is holding !!

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today, the event has been held at Japanese shard.
The AOS colored slime appears in this event.
And everyone can use this slime like "Dye tub".
I got these AOS colored bolts today :)

This event is held from Jun 10th until Jun 22th in Japanese shards.
And, maybe 2(Colored) slimes apperar at 1 day.
(So 2 color * 12days = 24 colors (All AOS Color))

Be careful, these special colored stuffs is not rare !
Everyone can make these stuffs so easily!!

K

Kurgan

I am ready for the post of people buying transfer tokens...

Many thanks for the heads up..

K

Kratos Aurion

I applaud you for the heads up. But I've got to say thats extremely lame on the JP part to hold an event with those colors for public use.

Way to suck:popcorn:

D

DVI

to bad for someone if they really did pay 65m for an invul blue elven shroud...

V

Vahne

That really is lame. That kinda slaps the face of those who played at least since AoS and got their robe. Oh well I guess I'll have to make sure Mandy doesn't blow our funds on bolts of that or the single pieces that flood the market like when true white bolts came out. Thanks for the heads up.

C

Chaosy

Well, certainly makes for some fun new clothing banksitting clothing. Thanks for the heads up Peil!

P.S. Your avatar is way too cute.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why? Most people only care about the name of the AoS clothing, not the color.

I am more concerned about an outbreak of ugly colored clothing.

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I second that Tomas, as if there's not enough ugly ppl in UO yet.
Why don't they give out some AoS Coloured horses to make it perfect :thumbup1:

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed.
Although I am more concerned with the fact that once again they got an event that we haven't.
Japanese shards have their own system which can be arguably very different than the other shards. It is not something new. They have a very different culture with their own needs. If EA were to try and do things same for Japanese and other shards then it would quickly lose its subscriber base in Japan because quite frankly it would just never work. As a result, things will never be the same. Only silly thing is that you can transfer to and from the Japanese servers.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If EA were to try and do things same for Japanese and other shards then it would quickly lose its subscriber base in Japan because quite frankly it would just never work.
Asian shards never lost their seer program like the Western shards did. Event Moderators were basically Seers 2.0. But there were so many complainers about corruption and unfair practices (which were virtually all untrue) that it was an easy decision for Mythic to scrap the program.

Unless the current UO producer just ignores all the detractors, we are never going to see the same type of events again that have always been enjoyed by Asian players. And of course there are those who think that is unfair as well.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone tell me where to find these slimes? (On the JP shards of course)

V

Vahne

Why? Most people only care about the name of the AoS clothing, not the color.

I am more concerned about an outbreak of ugly colored clothing.
Wow I didn't even think of it from that point of view, but then again I chose some of the more palatable colors like the blues and such. I personally hate anything blaze in the game. And I guess I have to admit that I'm more sad about the fact that we don't have the event either.

Lily of Arirang

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I don't know where the slime are BUT I know where some of them could be. I believe its only two slimes per shard. Where they are changes daily and so far these are the six places I know you can look on all the Japanese shards, perhaps even the other Asian shards. Dunno yet. The color seems to be the same depending on the place.

Sphinx Pyramid = AoS dull blue
Tokuno Bank = AoS Green Slime
Hanse's Hostel = AoS Orange Slime
Yamato Mines = AoS Purple Slime
Rock Dungeon =
Painted Caves =

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Japanese shards have their own system which can be arguably very different than the other shards. It is not something new. They have a very different culture with their own needs. If EA were to try and do things same for Japanese and other shards then it would quickly lose its subscriber base in Japan because quite frankly it would just never work. As a result, things will never be the same. Only silly thing is that you can transfer to and from the Japanese servers.

IMO Mr. Bryce, whom I adore, the only reason the "Japanese folk" have the events anymore, is because they deserve it more.

In my experience playing on west coast servers such as Sonoma / Baja, with light Japanese flavoring, they're very respectful people, where as the folk on east coast, would stand at an event, spamming over the dialogue, talking "smack" to the EM's & such. I know it's no reason to exclude American shards from events because we have a fe-- a lot of bad apples, but honestly, I couldn't blame them if that were the reason.

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<< All Japanese Shards >>

Asuka, Yamato, Wakoku, Hokuto, Izumo, Mizuho, Sakura, Mugen.

<< Candidate site where slime exists >>

Trammel
(01) Sacrifice Ank
(02) Buccaneers Den
(03) Ice
(04) Ant's nest
(05) Death City
(06) Hedge Maze
(07) Painted Caves

Felucca
(08) Heartwood
(09) Chaos Ank
(10) Jhelom
(11) Khaldun

Ilshenar
(12) Gargoyle City
(13) Mistas
(14) Savege Villege
(15) Lakeshire
(16) Rock

Malas
(17) Hanse's Hostel
(18) Forgotten Pyramid
(19) Doom
(20) Labyrinth

Tokuno
(21) Zento
(22) Yomotsu Mine
(23) Revenants Island (http://vm.or.tp/?to119o42N71o5W)
(24) Jizo Somewhere (http://vm.or.tp/?to84o38N84o26W)

Slime's location is depends on shard and day!

I will post this event's information as much as possible.
I want to be fair for all member, so please don't ask me on ICQ or PM or so.

L

Lord Kynd

Agreed.
Although I am more concerned with the fact that once again they got an event that we haven't.

that is highly annoying. but they get everything we get.. grrr

oh and i happened to like the aos colors, wish they would get rid of the dingy 'null' colors altogether.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
that is highly annoying. but they get everything we get.. grrr

oh and i happened to like the aos colors, wish they would get rid of the dingy 'null' colors altogether.
A LOT of people liked the aos colors. Some wont admit it for fear of being flamed on stratics but there's a lot of folks that really loved the color.

As far as Japan being different, yes I realize they've always had different events and things, but recently Kilandra has been working closely with Japan to get our methods more in sync. There's no reason to give one group of players something and not the other. It works both ways.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well unless they lose their seers, there is no way to "sync" it. Some of the events they have would really not work on most American shards due to presence of different (bad) elements and lack of interest. For instance, the seers on their shard often create a market place where players sell their wares, and then the players themselves organize all sorts of crazy things like karaoke and dance competitions without fearing grief from other players. It would largely be a waste of time to recreate those in western shards unfortunately. And if they lose their seers, bye bye UO Asia.

Of course, we could get our EM's back and then although not quite "in sync" it would be more fair. Do keep in mind that although they also get all the global events, most of the main changes and global events are souped up with the feedback developers get predominantly from western shards and they are often not of any interest or even against the interest of Japanese players (eg. destruction of old Haven was a big blow to Japanese servers whereas most of us did not care either way). So, we don't have it that bad as a group.

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<< AoS Slime Event day 3 >>
  • Asuka : [T]Ice, [T]Ant's nest
  • Yamato : Gargoyle City, Mistas

• Wakoku : [T]Buccaneer's Den, [T]Sacrifice Ank
  • Hokuto : [T]Death City, [T]Hedge Maze
  • Izumo : [M]Doom, [M]Labyrinth
  • Mizuho : [M]Hanse's Hostel, [M]Forgotten Pyramid
  • Sakura : Savege Villege, Lakeshire

• Mugen : [TK]Zento, [TK]Yomotsu Mine

O

oompaloompa

This has nothing to do with asian vs. English shards. All this does is puts more money into EAs' Pockets. Im sure soon all those transfer tokens that were gotten in boxes will be used up and your only way of getting is from EA them selves. Its the perfect marketing idea:)

O

oompaloompa

Ya i lose out on this one since i cut up all my blue aos clothes hehe when you could recycle them in those bags. O well you win some and you lose some:)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its the perfect marketing idea:)
This has nothing to do with the developers or EA or anything. It is simply a big event which happens regularly on Asian shards. This type of stuff used to happen all the time on Western shard right up until they fired all the Seers in 2000.

Lily of Arirang

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<< AoS Slime Event day 3 >>
  • Asuka : [T]Ice, [T]Ant's nest
  • Yamato : Gargoyle City, Mistas

• Wakoku : [T]Buccaneer's Den, [T]Sacrifice Ank
  • Hokuto : [T]Death City, [T]Hedge Maze
  • Izumo : [M]Doom, [M]Labyrinth
  • Mizuho : [M]Hanse's Hostel, [M]Forgotten Pyramid
  • Sakura : Savege Villege, Lakeshire

• Mugen : --------, -------- (NO INFO)

Thank you very, very much. I was able to go to the Hokuto and Asuka Locations, unfortunately I didn't get anything at the Ice Dungeon or the Labrynth, kept dying. Colors in common I've noticed thus far are as follows.

Buccaneers Den = AoS Light Bright Blue
Ant's nest = AoS Bright Blue
Death City = AoS Dull Orange
Hedge Maze = AoS Dark Blue
Sphinx Pyramid = AoS Dull blue
Tokuno Bank = AoS Bright Green Slime
Hanse's Hostel = AoS Bright Orange Slime
Yamato Mines = AoS Light Purple Slime

I hope Peil will post the locations of tomorrows slime spots, please :)

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only 1 slime spawns per day? or a bunch of slimes in a given area?

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only 1 slime spawns per day? or a bunch of slimes in a given area?
2 slimes spawn per day on each shards.
And 1 slime spawns per location.
The slime has timer, and it can be used many times until timer-off.

I'll post information every day ( as much as possible). :)

=P.S.=
I'm looking for "I stole this shiled!" (GL Event Rare) for sale.
I'll pay well and accecpt any shards for trade. Please help me :)

L

Lord Kynd

the main thing is stuff from other shards , specific to those shards .. EM items.. should NOT be allowed to be transfered, Ever.

R

RavenWinterHawk

2 slimes spawn per day on each shards.
And 1 slime spawns per location.
The slime has timer, and it can be used many times until timer-off.

I'll post information every day ( as much as possible). :)

=P.S.=
I'm looking for "I stole this shiled!" (GL Event Rare) for sale.
I'll pay well and accecpt any shards for trade. Please help me :)
Thanks for the info.

N

NewThunder

On Mizuho there is a slime today on Reverents Isle. havnt found the other yet.

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<< AoS Slime Event day 4 >>
  • Asuka : Savege Villege, Lakeshire

• Yamato : [M]Hanse's Hostel, [M]Forgotten Pyramid
  • Wakoku : [T]Death City, [T]Hedge Maze
  • Hokuto : [T]Buccaneer's Den, [T]Sacrifice Ank
  • Izumo : [TK]Zento, [TK]Yomotsu Mine
  • Mizuho : [TK]Revenants Island, [TK]Jizo Somewhere
  • Sakura : Gargoyle City, Mistas

• Mugen : [T]Ice, [T]Ant's nest

J

Jasonleebeck

Well, for anyone on Hokuto who is planning on x-fering after this colorful event, I'd love to stow some items with with you. I'll pay you either on Hokuto or the later destination shard. Eventually I'd like to get what I have there on Great Lakes, which includes some rares, and hopefully, a one bolt of each color set.

Also, be careful when using the slimes. One of them sent me to the champ spawn in Tokuno, so don't double click them crazy like:gee:.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
<< AoS Slime Event day 4 >>
  • Asuka : Gargoyle City, Mistas

I went to both of these locations, scoured the entire surrounding areas, and found no slimes between the times of noon and 2pm EST Lots of Paragons though, yet no joy. Where and when exactly should they be there?

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to both of these locations, scoured the entire surrounding areas, and found no slimes between the times of noon and 2pm EST Lots of Paragons though, yet no joy. Where and when exactly should they be there?
Sorry, I mistook the asuka's information.
(Although Asuka is my main shard ...)

I corrected my post, so please check it again ! :)
I saw slimes at the east of Savege Villege and the center of Lakeshire.