• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Be Careful Putting Talisman's On Mannequin - Mine Poofed

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was switching out my luck suit for my normal suit. Had Wizards Curio on Mannequin and Lucky Charm equipped. Went to swap the suits, a lag spike hit and Wizard's Curio is now gone. Not in my pack, not on Mannequin, not in packing crate, not on ground etc. Just vanished...

Tried to duplicate the situation about ten times with a Totem of The Void and a Mana Phase Orb but would not repeat..

Just putting it out there.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Were either of the ones you were swapping "Owned by"? As I have a feeling this really doesn't sit well with Mannequins...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can't say that for sure in all honesty. I think it was but am only about 75% sure. They all kinda run together after a while....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes I think something goes poof. If you click the wrong area the item drops to the floor. I put my mannequins in a spot with blank space around them because i do it often. First i panic, then I find it on the floor.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blessed (Owned By....) talisman will easily go onto any mannequin. However, once the servers reset the talisman apparently do an "Am I the owner?" check (this is my own term used for lack of knowing the exact mechanism). The result is any bless talisman on any mannequin is dropped to the ground in the exact spot the mannequin is standing. You can find them at the mannequins feet when servers come back up and anyone may pick them up.

Sorry for not responding sooner but I've been away for awhile and was just reading up on threads tonight. Hope this helps :)

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Experience is, Talisman stays in toon when using a mannequin. Maybe it is related to CC. HoF items shouldnt Put in mannequin. Cause they are owned by.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i hadn't used my luck suit in a while, last week i hit my manikin to put it on and couldn't see my talisman anywhere, i freaked, after a couple seconds of looking around i noticed it was in my backpack.
for some reason it dropped it in my pack instead of putting it on.
not sure what the dynamic was there but at least i didn't loose it.
maybe take a sec and double check your backpack.
move some spellbooks around and such.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks... if that is the kind of glitch with Owned By then ya would think you could not put it on a manny at all *shrugs*..

Good idea Poo but I cheat. Once I did not see it on the manny, on my pd or in my pack I did the "open item insurance menu" deal. I hate moving all the crap in my pack unless I absolutely have to lol. Will be SO glad when the spellbook/runebook satchels hit..