• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Battle chicken bug?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Battle chicken bug? ANOTHER BUG!!!!!

I already have 2 battle chicken ( one cyano and one bright green). Then i know how the process works :)
But now, for 2 times, i've found an egg yellow ( mature battle chicken). Both the two times when i click on the egg no chicken :(
But if i have other simple chicken eggs , they go out from the eggs normally.
There is some bug with the yellow egg?

Edit
A NEW BUG!!!!
Today when i claim the chicken ( tamed) from the coop to feed them they disappear and go under the signpost!!!
This happens to all my chickens, normal and battle. I have 9 chicken and 9 times i left the house to take the chicken lost.
I'm very very borred.
The coops are in the house. I can't make a door to close the space. Yesterday was all right, now all chickens out of house

G

gramarye

Hi, Ivory. I wonder if your experience is the same as mine. The last two or three battle eggs I clicked the battle chicken was visually present for perhaps a second, then gone! This was in my house in a closed room. I found one of them outside in the woods but it disappeared so fast I never saw it again. They seem to have become so 'vorpal' (in my experience, anyway) that they just disappear. I never hatch eggs now, just sell 'em and warn the buyer that this may happen when they attempt to hatch it. (I naturally warn the buyer BEFORE the sale.)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, Gramarie.
So it's a like as bug because the battle chicken disappers.The most important thing it's that i do all right.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today another battle chicken, pink egg, has disappeared after an half of second.
I think that it is a real bug. I write to customer service

M

Muu Bin

I believe it has been said in another post somewhere that when you hatch an egg in your home, the new chicken lizard or battle chicken will actually appear outside your house underneath your house sign.

This happened to me just today as I hatched a regular chicken lizard and surprised me at first but then I remembered reading about this somewhere else in a post a few weeks ago.

I'm quite certain that this has been recognized as a bug and is meant to be fixed but I would still suggest that you submit a bug report.

In the mean time, one way you can work around this would be to find a quiet area with a fenced in area and hatch your egg there. At least this way, when your battle chicken goes vorpal, it won't be able to run very far.

I hope this helps out until they fix the problem.

MB

L

Legacyee

Just like Muu Bin said
If you go somewhere to hatch your battle chicken that is inclosed, like the Malas secret places it will not go very far, I have hatch all mine there and they disappear for a second but are not hard to find

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe it has been said in another post somewhere that when you hatch an egg in your home, the new chicken lizard or battle chicken will actually appear outside your house underneath your house sign.

This happened to me just today as I hatched a regular chicken lizard and surprised me at first but then I remembered reading about this somewhere else in a post a few weeks ago.

I'm quite certain that this has been recognized as a bug and is meant to be fixed but I would still suggest that you submit a bug report.

In the mean time, one way you can work around this would be to find a quiet area with a fenced in area and hatch your egg there. At least this way, when your battle chicken goes vorpal, it won't be able to run very far.

I hope this helps out until they fix the problem.

MB
Finally somone has understood me :)
Yes, i've reported it has a bug but it seems that the chickens yet disappear.
But i'm a little angry because all sayed that it's normal.
NO.
Tlmes ago i hatched the eggs in my house and the chickens ( also my 2 battle chickens) was near me. I had the time to tamed them, also the battle chicken ( with the collar, obiouvsly).
Then, now, things are changed.
And it's a bug.

Obiouvsly now i hatch the eggs in a closed place, like a shop in a city. It works. But it's not normal!

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A NEW BUG!!!!
Today when i claim the chicken ( tamed) from the coop to feed them they disappear and go under the signpost!!!
This happens to all my chickens, normal and battle. I have 9 chicken and 9 times i left the house to take the chicken lost.
I'm very very borred.
The coops are in the house. I can't make a door to close the space. Yesterday was all right, now all chicken out of house :(

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Bug!

A NEW BUG!!!!
I'm very very borred.
The coops are in the house. I can't make a door to close the space. Yesterday was all right, now all chickens out of house

I've reported the bug but i'd like to know if i'm the only one who has this new bug

H

HellaFarris

Re: New Bug!

Happened to me also, it's a bug that has been before - rearing it's head again.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've reported this bug but i write also in the forum. Is it possible that also we 2 have the same problem? Noone has chicken lizard?
All other people is ok??
Is it possible then noone confirms this bug??

M

Muu Bin

According to the patch notes on the UO website, this was a bug which should have been fixed during the regular server maintenance overnight.

James Nichols
17 Dec 2009 18:10:42

Greetings!

This evening we have released a new client for users to patch. Additionally we will be publishing additional server changes during schedule maintenance.

Publish 63.1

* Houses will no longer evict chickens when players claim them from coops.
* Players stuck in body-changing forms (such as Animal Form) will be reverted to their original form on login.

Since there has been an immediate downtime today to publish yet another "publish" just one day later (Publish 63.2), I can not test the "fix" to the bug where chickens/ chicken lizards were evicted from the house when claimed. We should be able to log back in to the game some time around 8pm EST.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Tested on Napa... chicken lizards & normal cooped chickens are staying in the house once claimed. Seems fixed to me...

K

Kiminality

If I had to guess, which I don't, I'm just sticking my oar in...
They're being ejected from private houses, and not public?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, kiminakity.
I don't dream the things i write :)
But it was fixed in the last patch. The same days that i noticed it
Read this
* Houses will no longer evict chickens when players claim them from coops."
It comes from publish 63.1

L

Lord Urza

This has yet again happened to an alliance member of mine tonight, he hatched a battle chicken in his home to have it auto eject and flee with vorpal speed into the woods to be lost.
I belive this would make it at least the 3rd time this has been an issue.

P

Phineas le Monge

I lost a few chickens this way too. I now hatch mine in one of the enclosed pens in moonglow. I figured it traps vorpal bunnies it should trap vorpal chickens too. So far I have been able to catch all that I have hatched there.:thumbup1:

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, this morning ( now for me it's 10 a.m ) things are so.
If you claim your chckens fot feed them they don't disappear ( it was a fixed bug) but there is still the old bug.
If you hacth an egg of a normal chicken on your house the normal chicken disappears immediately and go out of your house ( under the signpost). If you hatch an egg of a battle chicken in your house the battle chicken disappears at all.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you hatch an egg in a private home the chicken will be ejected to underneath your signpost.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you hatch an egg in a private home the chicken will be ejected to underneath your signpost.
No, Hen. The normal chicken go under the signpost but the battle chicken disappears. I've lost 3 of them :(
I hope that this bug will fixed as soon as possible

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't disappear it runs off at vorpal speed.

The solution is to hatch your battle chickens in a public place (small rooms in inns are great) and then gate them home.
Or set your house to public.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't disappear it runs off at vorpal speed.

The solution is to hatch your battle chickens in a public place (small rooms in inns are great) and then gate them home.
Or set your house to public.
Obiouvsly now i hach the eggs in a town, in a little shop and it works fine.
But excuse me, it's not normal. At the beginning of stygian abyss all worked well.
Gate the chicken? I have to create a mage for this???
No, it's a bug and i want that someone fix it. I hope as soon as possible :)

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a bug it was an intentional change after SA launch and was in the patch notes. Repeat not a bug.