• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Battle Bard (The Cleric)

Draig

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So I am a huge fan of support/tank characters and I just can't get what I want out of my 6x120 Paladin (Wpn,Tact,Anat,Parry,Chiv,Heal/Resist)

I was think tanking a melee support (like a real paladin with auras) utilizing bard songs.

Weapon 100(120 Capt Johns, is there a Mace equivalent?)
Tact 100
Anat 100
Chiv 95ish
Bard Skill(Utilize all 120s depending on group need)
Music 120
Parry 90(Heph)

What am I missing/not thinking of? This isn't intended as a solo boss killer, but a group buffer with decent personal DPS and very good survivability if using peace masteries.

What am I not thinking of, will this build be a total flop or a good addon to a group doing roof encounters etc?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Taking a hit thats to high of damage (40?)stops the song. Also, the buffs are boosted by the other skills, so healing, DI from provo would be lower. And same for peace masterys.

Some skill in mystic could be used the same way for cleansing wind, and it will help those partied.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
what about it...? share your knowledge with the people...
120 mystic
120 focus
120 meditation
120 music
120 provo
120 disco
Ultimate buff build i used to run peace instead of meditation but my groups always wanted the added offense buffs from provo and peace just don't work as great as in the past while mass sleep does and you can disco or provo without the timer build my suits with 200+ mana 30 mr 40 lmc and can buff a party of 8 without running out of mana (very limited casting just occasional RC)

Draig

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
120 mystic
120 focus
120 meditation
120 music
120 provo
120 disco
Ultimate buff build i used to run peace instead of meditation but my groups always wanted the added offense buffs from provo and peace just don't work as great as in the past while mass sleep does and you can disco or provo without the timer build my suits with 200+ mana 30 mr 40 lmc and can buff a party of 8 without running out of mana (very limited casting just occasional RC)

I put my cleric back on the shelf, I stoned off peace for him but it just doesn't really...work, maybe one day.

But I did move around skills and basically ended up with this temp on my gargoyle and it works oh so good. You can solo basically all overland content as well and if I'm being honest it's one of the few builds I've play that I just don't have to pay attention to my health as much during encounters. It's top tier for sure.

Idk, cleansing winds alone will make you think about trying to add myst/focus to every build you try lol.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I run a Mystic Bard for support but it's for smaller groups since I don't have meditation. I'm fine with 30 mana regen until I get more than 4 people in a group. I do have a variation with med instead of magery. In that build I have enough magery through imbued jewelry and a +15 magery spellbook to recall.

Modified Skills.JPG