• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Basket weaving & natural dye questions

E

elspeth

I've just purchased SA and I had a few questions about basket weaving & natural dyes before I get started for those who have done it.

1. do any/all of the ingredients stack? (i.e. what's best way to hold supplies) - toxic venom sac, scouring toxin, dry reeds, softened reeds, venom vials, color fixative, plant clippings, pigment bottles. I'm assuming that the 5charge "dyes" themselves and the baskets are certainly not stackable.

2. Is there really any reason to make baskets with colored reeds or can I simply make say baskets out of any color (or just use already existing baskets) and then use the dyes to color em how I want?

3. Wouldn't it be nice if we could make kegs of color fixative and scouring toxins? (I'm assuming those two probably aren't stackable but I could be wrong).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stacking: toxic venom sac, scouring toxin, dry reeds, venom vials, colour fixative, plant clippings, full (5 charge) dyes.
Not stacking: pigment bottles, part used dyes.
softened reeds I can't remember, but I think they don't stack
Baskets aren't dyeble, you need to make in the colour you want.

K

Kayne

3. Wouldn't it be nice if we could make kegs of color fixative and scouring toxins? (I'm assuming those two probably aren't stackable but I could be wrong).
Thats a really good idea. I hope a dev spots it

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anyone check to see if scouring toxin or color fixative can be put in a keg? They do stack by the way. Something interesting I noticed is if you use plain dye (from plain colored plants) it will turn all the leather into plain leather appearance and if you dye any metal item with it it will change the appearance to look like iron.
eta: I checked and you can't put them in kegs

K

Kayne

Percivalgoh - yes thats exactly what the plain dye is used for - also if you use scouring toxin on anything that was previously dyed it returns it to normal color.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Percivalgoh - yes thats exactly what the plain dye is used for - also if you use scouring toxin on anything that was previously dyed it returns it to normal color.
I didn't know just tried it and thought that was neat. Scouring toxin to return to normal and plain to make barbed or horned into plain leather and valorite or verite into iron. I didn't really want to make dyes at first but made them as a result or growing plants for seeds of renewal and resources. Now I grow some plants just to get the dyes (and SOR)

E

elspeth

I did notice the baskets made from plain reeds are the closest we have to silver which fits well with what the plain dye will do to some stuff.

Thanks for the responses guys :)