• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Basket of Herbs for Skill Training

G

Does using the Basket of Herbs help skill advancement or is it better to craft with lower skill levels? Thanks =)

I

imported_Fran Fury

I have personally just made bread all the way to gm. Never really needed the basket. I did use the basket of herbs to be able to make the enchanted fruits sooner though.

G

Thank you
. I've been doing bread for a bit now, up to 60 ;x. My first time in like 8 years playing that I've been able to work a cook. I think I'll experiment once I get to 70, since the original recipes are all tied to actual skill, and the newer ones, like paint, and parrot wafers, are a bit harder to make.

M

Merhiney Granger

I know the achievement of gm chef is something to attain but if i had not gm'd cooking long long ago before baskets and tools i would only goto where the basket brings me to gm and leave it there saving room for other skills . One really does not use cooking much so beside's a title thing . . . as in to be lord gm chef . Also once cooking is gm'd the basket will become just a house deco item .

G

True. It's a neat basket though =). And as Co-Owner, I couldn't use it :/. I'm 90 right now. My Gains were:

50-76 Dough / Bread Loaf
76-90 Miso Soup (if I named it correctly)

Looking to continue the soup making until 100 =). Luckily I have like 28,000 uncooked fish steaks :/ lol

M

Merhiney Granger

Have the house owner set the security for the basket of herbs to anyone or friends then it will work . Really should consider not gming cooking and just gm with basket when needed , its what i would do after the fact too late .

Hear you there about fish steaks uncooked i have quarter million or so on my one main shard . I used to save the four different whole fish knowing they would be worth something someday but someone cut them up to save room .

G

well, you never know what theyll do to cooking in the future...my template is rather odd, cooking necro =) w/ alchemy and SW...hit 100 doing miso soup, and at 94.2 i began to mix in something that uses 3 peas to get through walls (forget the name) and then used some sushi at 99.6 to get the last .4 =)