• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Barrels?

• Thread starter wee papa smurf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

wee papa smurf

Is it possible to make barrels? i know you can make kegs, but i was thought maybe you could create barrels (the ones that people use for water?)
Iv looked through my crafting menus and cant find it anywhere :cursing:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot craft barrels.

The "open-top" barrels (the ones you can fill with water) spawn in dungeons (as spawning treasure chests), gypsy camps, or brigand camps. They can be unlocked with GM Magery and can be opened with Telekenisis or just opened by hand (they dont do too much damage, but be careful).

The "close-top" barrels are a daily spawn, somewhere.

Stayin Alive,

BG

D

Drazasamus

can u still use water in any overland barrel to fill it. then fill the pitcher of water back up and walk off with em?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, for the ones that spawn in Gypsy and brigand camps, you can just pick them up and walk off with them.

Ones filled with water were actually placed by another player, and just require removing the water in them to take.

A few of the "static" barrels in cities and the like can be emptied, water put in them, and then emptied, to take.

And, isn't one of the closed-top barrel spawns in Deceit?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The hag witch house has 2 or three that spawn that you fill with water and empty as basara was talking about !then you can take them!