• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

barnacle covered painting stuck on wall

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I placed a barnacle covered painting outside my home and I cannot take it down.

This painting is a lock down, but it is not behaving like a lock down. When I mouse over it, it doesn't highlight or show its lock down status. When I make the request, "I wish to release this", I get the response, "That is not locked down or secured". Moreover, the painting acts somewhat like a house add on... when I single click it, an item description pops up, much like a house add on. However, taking an axe to it gives the message, "Use this on corpses to carve away meat and hide". I have tried taking an axe to it from both inside and outside my home (the painting is placed outside). Nothing I have tried works.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there a fix? I paged a GM, but.....

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
had this happen last week, after turning it. paged a gm and someone eventually came and removed it.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
had this happen last week, after turning it. paged a gm and someone eventually came and removed it.
Thank you for reply... I have a some hope now that there is a resolution (and I remember now that I also turned the painting when I set it).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for reply... I have a some hope now that there is a resolution (and I remember now that I also turned the painting when I set it).
turn it again and then try to move it?

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
if its like mine, its just stuck. cant target it or get a name bar. possibly a new bug from expansion? know there have been alot of them.
Yes, what smoot said is correct. I have tried turning it and no success..

On a brighter note, I believe it was the initial turning of the painting after locking it down that brought this bug to life, so there is a lesson to be learned here: turn paintings at your own risk

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I placed a barnacle covered painting outside my home and I cannot take it down.

This painting is a lock down, but it is not behaving like a lock down. When I mouse over it, it doesn't highlight or show its lock down status. When I make the request, "I wish to release this", I get the response, "That is not locked down or secured". Moreover, the painting acts somewhat like a house add on... when I single click it, an item description pops up, much like a house add on. However, taking an axe to it gives the message, "Use this on corpses to carve away meat and hide". I have tried taking an axe to it from both inside and outside my home (the painting is placed outside). Nothing I have tried works.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there a fix? I paged a GM, but.....
Is it the barnacled version of this StuckPainting.jpg painting?

They are known to go static when they are turned.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
its one of a few bugs with shipwreck paintings. the only fix is to page a GM.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is it the barnacled version of this View attachment 40372 painting?

Piotr, yes, that was the painting that gave me trouble (barnacle version)...

It was fixed yesterday. I had paged a GM and I imagine it was a GM who came by and took care of it (I was away). They also absconded with my painting...

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Piotr, yes, that was the painting that gave me trouble (barnacle version)...

It was fixed yesterday. I had paged a GM and I imagine it was a GM who came by and took care of it (I was away). They also absconded with my painting...
Yeah, same thing happened in my case.

Good to know, that the bug adhere to that particular type of painting though. Maybe that can help @Kyronix to make a fix. :wink:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I think the barnacles on the back soften up in the rain and glues it to the wall when they dry out. I'll pass that on to Kyronix.