• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Bare handed Ninja?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, not quite bare handed, but do the ninja spells like Death Strike do much damage (if they work at all) if you have wresting...or do you have to have an actual weapon skill?

Help...la

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Maybe you could go into the necro horrific beast form... I think that gives your hands the same damage as a katana.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, not quite bare handed, but do the ninja spells like Death Strike do much damage (if they work at all) if you have wresting...or do you have to have an actual weapon skill?

Help...la
Deathstrike's damage is not based on weapon(ranged = half damage) choice, Ninjitsu is what determines the DS damage, so feel free to karate chop away. Ki Strike might increase the wrestle damage by a point or two, not sure what the damage increase % is from the spell. Surprise Attack will still give the target -dci and should do normal wrestle damage. Not sure about Backstab though, as DS is almost always the better option.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interestingly enough one of my guildies runs a wrestle Deathstrike tamer..it's a pretty nasty template with a bad ass greater dragon..para punch all kill + Deathstrike can be deadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you can do a death strike barehanded ninja. ( You can also lightning strike with bare hands not that its a useful template since most of the Samurai abilities are weapon dependent)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if a 4/6 wrestle DP alchy ninja would be feasible with conflags/novas/holy light Deathstrike ninja stars

With the hit lightning bracers

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if a 4/6 wrestle DP alchy ninja would be feasible with conflags/novas/holy light Deathstrike ninja stars

With the hit lightning bracers
Please tell me someone will test this today while I'm at work. Now that would be a fun template...la

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poison - 100
Ninja - 120
Wrestling - 120
Hiding - 100
Stealth - 80
Chiv - 120
Meditation 80

Would prolly die from lack of mana pretty quickly
If you forego the alchemy you could pick up meditation and run soemthing like this. Using shurikens for poisoning.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't run med on any of my stealthers you just have a big mana pool and high Mr.. This is the temp I'm building for group fights
The Un-Killable Stealther

110 ninja(mask 120)
70 stealth(mask/Robe/Cloak/10jewl) 120
100 hiding
100 poisoning
120 wrestle
100 Parry(shield/10 jewl) (120)
120 chiv

If you wanted to add more damage you could drop chiv and pick up Bushido and use the alchemical bracers and wear the Necro book and fit in some necro for omen deathstrikes..