• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bards of Britannia!

G

Please welcome your new Moderator, the lovely and talented Miss Fran Fury!
*applause*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
dont get mad if we dont all jump to our feet.

the Bard forum mod position has allways been a joke, and a turnstile of late.

would be nice if this one broke with tradition and actually played a bard and knew something about bard training.

guess we will have to see.

if we are taking bets, i say 3 months and we wont even see her posting in here any more, just like the last few.

call me mean, but when i see mods come in who we have never seen post here before it rings of the same inactive mods we have know and come to expect for the bard forum.

G

Yet no poster (as far as I know) bothered to drop us a note "Hey Admin, we need more/new/better mods here!" or even "Hey, make me a mod and I will be a real host and take good care of the forum"... right?

C

Chango Pelon

I'll take your bet... I won't let her quit until at least 4 so I can collect.

And she does play a bard but I am sure she will still get static form the "elite."

I

imported_Fran Fury

I am slightly offended Poo! I remember getting barding advice from you yourself!

I do play a bard and although my knowledge is not as great as the legendary Poo...I will do my best. I am not as frequent a poster here as you of course but thats usually because I know there are many in this forum with great knowledge and I let you all share it. That won't change a lot, I am here to keep you in line more then instruct you how to play.

S

Sethblackmoore

Welcome Miss Fran Fury!! Hope we will learn much from you and you will keep us well informed!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

Yet no poster (as far as I know) bothered to drop us a note "Hey Admin, we need more/new/better mods here!" or even "Hey, make me a mod and I will be a real host and take good care of the forum"... right?

[/ QUOTE ]

well if that is "as far as you know" then i suggest you strive to know more.

<blockquote><hr>

And she does play a bard but I am sure she will still get static form the "elite."

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no "elite" bards, just ones that dress better then the others.

<blockquote><hr>

I am slightly offended Poo!

[/ QUOTE ]
take no offense. Its the system, not you that is flawed.

and in closing.

<blockquote><hr>

I remember getting barding advice from you yourself!

[/ QUOTE ]
guess im just tired of being milked constantlly for information and keeping a forum going (for years) and seeing mods come and go. and with every new mod the first thing i do is check their posting history (its listed under your name, just hit 'recent posts') and seeing no bard forum posts.

or maybe it was just resentment from a few years ago when i applied for a mod job and was told that they would never hire a mod who uses the name Poo.

sour grapes i guess.

but they are my grapes, and i shall enjoy them with some cheese and wine.

have fun, enjoy, im sure we will all meet in game.
and i will be sure to bring my lute and maybe we can dance a bit, eh?

J

J0KING

Welcome to the party...

As far as Music having a soothing effect... that all depends on the music being played...

G

Legendary provo, 115 peace here, does it mean I don't really relay on soothing power of music? Hummmm...

I

imported_Fran Fury

Those super dragons don't seem to find my music very soothing.
In fact...I think it upsets them.

C

Chango Pelon

You guys need to play some Lenny Kravitz to get the new dragons soothed... duh...

G

Such a dejected Poo!

I'm sure that no one doubts your contributions to the forum, and obviously you do care alot about it.
Personally, I have no problem with the name Poo and it seems a shame that someone would not let you participate on that basis alone.