• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard with Vollems

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have a 4x120 bard/mage but kind of bored with him as is. Are vollems helpful? I thought about mysticism but not sure I want to be on foot all of the time.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My 4x120 Bard/Mage uses a Vollem that's been slot leveled once and given Armor Pierce to provide an additional debuff to enemies. So long as you keep the Taming Requirement at 30.0 or below, anyone can control the slot leveled Vollem.

TrackStar

Journeyman
My 4x120 Bard/Mage uses a Vollem that's been slot leveled once and given Armor Pierce to provide an additional debuff to enemies. So long as you keep the Taming Requirement at 30.0 or below, anyone can control the slot leveled Vollem.
Add mage weapon slayer bow to that and you speed up kill speed significantly.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What method did you use to craft that?
I reforged "of Wizardry" (can't remember what quality tool i used) on GM crafted Magical Shortbows until i got -15 Mage Wep on one, then i PoFed it up, whetstoned off the DI, and imbued SC, 50% HLA/50% HLD/15% SSI on it. It still hasn't been enhanced (can get 25% SSI then).

And wouldn't Hit Lightning be better than HLA since you want what you are provoking to kill each other?
I usually use my Bard in tandem with another char, so my Bard's main role is to provide debuffs to the opponent, and buffs to my party. Having HLA/HLD on the Bow is yet another way to debuff the opponent. I very rarely find need to provoke two targets onto each other.
So my 4x120 Bard is able to discord the opponent, apply HLA/HLD to the opponent, have the Vollem apply Armor Pierce (+10% Damage Taken for 3 secs), while also providing either Peace Buffs or Provo buffs to my party. My Bard is able to greatly amplify the power and success of my other chars or party that way.

TrackStar

Journeyman
its far easier to craft/use a 100% elemental damage short bow with mage weapon -20, SSI30, HLD50, HLA50. You can then enhance to SSI 40.

-15 is difficult to craft clean.
use a magery +20 skill jewel to counteract the skill loss.
That works? Huh...