• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard Template Suggestions Please

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay I already have a pure bard and am looking to do something different. I am thinking more of a casting bard but open to suggestions. I would like to be able to play solo but also be able to help in a group. For bard skills I am looking to use Prov and Disco (of course music is necessary).

I will list my current template but after reading it may not be so good for hiding and stealth. I mainly thought it be cool to travel around dungeons undetected until I find an area I want to kill things. I understand that hiding/invising will cause disco and prove to wear off.

120 Music
120 Prov
120 Disco
100 Magery
80 Hiding
75 Stealth
50 Ninjitsu (for smoke bombs if overwhelmed)
Total Skills 665 and have a 720 skill cap
Focus or Med and not sure how much I want to use

I am open to using skill items, so templates can go above 120.

Is that workable or are there better tweaks?

What other templates using Music Prov and Disco would you suggest?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hide stealth, eh.
Unless your rolling around in fel I really don't know why you'd need that.
But I guess we all have what we like, and that's the important thing.
You already know about the hide breaking bard, so your good there.
Are you gonna be running masteries?
if so your gonna need all that extra and more into med.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was just trying to put some different skills together that I rarely use. Hiding and stealth aren't a necessity, just something that I was thinking about.

Most of the templates that I have seen are mage or mystic bards and I was looking for some different type templates. I was thinking about dropping hide and stealth and add on necro and spellweaving or something like that. If I drop hide and stealth then I can also drop ninjitsu. I don't know much about the bard masteries, my pure bard does not have any. I have not used him in a long time.

With using Prov and Disco, which should I put mastery in if I go that route?

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The mastery's are very nice. They can really add up in there use's. It all depends on what you want to do with them. I like the Prov ones my self with a RC or GD on a discorded mob is like having your cake and eating it to! Nothing like buffing up your pet/summons while weaking your target!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I was just trying to put some different skills together that I rarely use. Hiding and stealth aren't a necessity, just something that I was thinking about.

Most of the templates that I have seen are mage or mystic bards and I was looking for some different type templates. I was thinking about dropping hide and stealth and add on necro and spellweaving or something like that. If I drop hide and stealth then I can also drop ninjitsu. I don't know much about the bard masteries, my pure bard does not have any. I have not used him in a long time.

With using Prov and Disco, which should I put mastery in if I go that route?
necro bard is kinda a neat idea.

the masteries you can switch between once you get one.
you can switch every 10 minutes i believe.
the disco ones are damage delt kinda spells.
the peace ones are buffs (int, ste mana regen and such)
and the provo ones add HCI, DI, SDI to your pets and summons and to those in your party.

so a lot of mystics like to have the increase in HCI and DI when they have RCs out.
BUT, there is something to be said for being in wraith form and chaining wither in a spawn and having +22 mana regen, stamina regen and hit point regen from the mastery, hehe.

what you should do is go pick up a mastery on your pure bard.
then once you have one you can swap among all of them.
go give all of them a whirl.
that would probably really help ya out a lot.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay I am deciding between 2 templates. The main skills for both are:
Prov 120
Disco 120
Music 120
Necro 120
SS 120
Focus 110

Where I am torn is between 110 Magery and 120 Spellweaving. I am not sure which would be better for me. I would like a lot of the damage spells with spellweaving and I could also heal and recall in wraith form but with magery I can invis and cure as well as heal. If I go magery, I would go 110 magery and bump focus to 120, if I go spellweaving, I would do 120 spellweaving. I understand that the numbers are well over 720, that would be taken care of by mark of travesty (music/peace), bloodwood spirit (ss/necro), Song Woven Mantle (music), and imbuing ring and bracelet.

Edit: I can also go magery/mystic and then I could either add evel for magery damage or med for more mana.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
test centre for the win