• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Bard T-hunting issues (lvl6+7)

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya,

I am running the following template for my Tmaps:

120 Magery
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Peace
120 Provo
100 Lockpick

I have figured everything out pretty much and it runs extremely smooth and easy, BUT.

I have a HUGE problem with Ancient Wyrms and Greater Dragons in Trammel/felucca lvl 6+7.

Even with 3x 120 and a dragon slayer instrument, i seem to have around 20% chance to succeed with provo/peace/Disco, meaning they are pretty much imposible for me to solo.

Is there anything im missing or any tips/tricks another bard could give me?
They kill EVs in notime etc, so i dont know what to do. Once they are occupied, i kill them easily with disco mastery, but for example when one ancient wyrm spawn during looting i pretty much cant kill him..

Help appreciated.

Thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can't be much help (I have a similar problem with a melee T-hunter with the same creatures), but here's what little advice I can think of...

1. The vollems from crystal are effectively reskinned Nightmares that require no taming. Two of them might be able fight it a little while you stand back, if you train them up (you'll need to set up macros to Greater Heal them).
  2. Mind Blast. Lots and lots of Mind Blast. It's the only major direct damage combat spell you have in your inventory that has non-Eval based damage. Unfortunately, I don't think things that affect SDI modify it, so I don't know if a slayer book would do anything.
  3. Break down and find someone to hunt with you. If you don't gather the crafting resources from your kills, or don't need them, look for someone trustworthy that will go with you to skin the dead dragons, and haul off your rejects from the chest to unravel. It doesn't have to be their crafter character, humans get more leather (especially in combination with the Harvester's Blade) and more carrying capacity, and you don't have to party them if you don't want to (the corpses eventually time out to public access, and you can have bags set up outside the chest to move junk to as you loot, for them to pick up).

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not missing anything. I ran a bard t-hunter for years with 120 Provo. I had Eval and Med instead of Discord and Peace, and always ran our of mana on a single ancient. Couldn't provoke it, couldn't direct damage it enough.

Finally dropped the bard skills and added Spellweaving and Mysticism, and solo L7's easily.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the replies guys.

I am actually doing t-maps with a friend most of the time who play a sampire, and we ofcourse have zero problems doing them.. Just doing some 6's inbetween myself.

Ah well, atleast im not doing something terribly wrong then. I already thinking about giving up peacemaking as i hardly use it. But Mystisism is pretty useless without focus , No? Thinking about rising collossus.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've never tried an RC without Focus, don't know. If you want to keep bard skills, though, I'd give up peace for EI to give you some direct damage, and wear a lot of MR. Then you could provoke/fail the SW until you succeed, and then direct damage to finish him off.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never tried an RC without Focus, don't know. If you want to keep bard skills, though, I'd give up peace for EI to give you some direct damage, and wear a lot of MR. Then you could provoke/fail the SW until you succeed, and then direct damage to finish him off.
Damage isnt the issue thought. Once provoked, Discord mastery ( Despair ) and EVs finish them off fast. But solo spawning SW is the issue :/

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And what do you use Peace for?

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what do you use Peace for?
Absolutely nothing... I was under the impression i could Peace and use Despair to kill, but i dont need it.
But i cannot find one single skill which would be benificial to me to handle the SWs...

Thats why i need your help :)

I do not want to switch out Provo/Disco/Music.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Good luck with that.

Sent from mTalk

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems to me ancient wyrms were weakened with that latest taming publish as I now kill them easily with the other spawn as long as there is at least one balron available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And i use peace a lot for fel level 4 maps as those mobs will only fight thier brethren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk