• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard skill gains?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we gain skill in provoking,discord and peacemaking using the Bard Mastery spells/music?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think so... as I tried there is no success chance on these spells. If you have 90+ in the bard skill you activate the effect, if not you cant.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested it out myself. I set my skill at 119.9 Discord . I used a mastery spell and it changed to 120 Discord! :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh good, so mine was pure luck to cast at the first time every spells with min skill :D
or maybe they just allow you to gain and not to fail?
however, still an interesting way to raise bardic skills :D

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh good, so mine was pure luck to cast at the first time every spells with min skill :D
or maybe they just allow you to gain and not to fail?
however, still an interesting way to raise bardic skills :D
it would be too easy...eww

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
especially at higher lvls, ive had disco stuck at 118 for the longest time. and if it werent for SoT's provoke would be 112.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the skill gain by casting this new spells is very slow, probably has the same rate of the normal skill use...
in 10 minutes with 90 in peacemaking I gained 0.2...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is some news about the skill gain:
I tried the skill tutor and when I use the spell it says: "Difficulty: Too Easy"
This means that you can gain only with the GGS.