• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard masteries with pets.

Lady Massmoedare

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hej,

So my question is: Do bard songs, such as invigorate or inspire have any effect on pets (dragons) in a party? They do seem too boost and heal players.

Thanks
Lady Mass.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
but for every party member and pet in your party the more mana your gonna use for you upkeep.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To give you an idea I use it on my peace tamer, I use resilience on my pets.
I don't have med and just 20 focus (elf so not JOAT med) 10%LMC and 9 MR on my suit.

I have to time very carefully the use of the masterie as I don't want it to end in the middle of a big battle with me with 0 mana.
I usually only activate it when fighting very hard mobs and not from the begining of the fight if I know it'll be a long one.
While it's running I don't use any spell except in a very big emergency(ex self heal/cure or invis), that means I only heal by vetting my pet, no extra magery heal. If I have to use it also I'll switch the masterie off ..... and probably conclude the mob is too hard for us to defeat:p
I still find the masterie more effective than being able to use heal during the fight.

When I'll manage to have a better suit (40% LMC, 16 to 18 MR and if possible add 30 med and focus by jewelery) I'll try using both masteries at the same time or just the one I already use more often and see how it goes.

As for the effect it has on my pets ?
My GD can manage one balron paragon either way :
Without the masterie I'll use maybe 200 to 300 bandies and more than half my mana by using heal.
With the masterie I'll use 150 to 200 bandies and at least 3/4 of my mana but never had it all used before the bally is dead. Also the fight is shorter, maybe 10% shorter or so.

Hope this helps you !:)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bard Masteries work on Party Members and the Pets of the Party Members. Upkeep Cost increases by 1 for every 5 Mobiles Affected. (Players/Pets). Keep in mind that mounted pets are still factored so that can eat mana unexpectedly.